Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th January 2017, 06:31 PM   #1
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusaka
I dont believe keris can fly but I do believe they can rattle.
Well that settles that then...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 07:25 PM   #2
Pusaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Well that settles that then...
Did I mention that I have twice witnessed keris rattling
Pusaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 09:22 PM   #3
A. G. Maisey

I've seen that myself, several times.

Usually associated with a keris in a poorly fitting wrongko that has been subjected to vibrations caused by an earth tremor or a strong wind, or a heavy truck driving past the house.

I witnessed all the examples I have given.

Or maybe the wrongko did not particularly like the intrusion of a strange keris. Wrongkos can be touchy little devils, being female as they are, and it is known that some wrongkos will only accept the keris for which they were intended, and reject all forced marriages.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 10:33 PM   #4
Pusaka

The first time I seen a keris rattling was at a gurus place, actually it was unfortunate because the keris started rattling precisely as I walked into the room and approached him. I looked at the keris on the wall and I could see the guru also noticed it but his body language was strictly "I dont want to talk about it and dont ask me about it" so we both stood there ignoring the keris rattling on the wall. This guru thought I was somewhat demonic and lets just say we didnt have a long relationship

The second occasion,not really an occasion because it lasted over two years.
I lived with a keris that would rattle very often and it became very normal, even annoying at times. I had heard some teachings about the esoteric aspect of the keris and I managed to understand the ritual even though I was only told parts of it. So I tried it I had a friend make me a keris and to make it extra special I gave him a small meteorite that I wanted incorporated into the blade.

When I received the blade I began preforming the ritual every night with the keris with the idea of bringing the blade alive. After about a month of doing this every night before going to bed I placed the blade next to my bed on a bedside cabinet resting on a hardback book. I went to sleep and was woken in the middle of the night by the keris rattling next to my bed. It freaked me out at first but then I thought its what you wanted isn't it. Anyway I lived for a whole two years with this keris frequently rattling and got very used to it, actually for a while I thought of it like a pet. I would get very annoyed on occasion when it would wake me up late at night or early in the morning. I actually put it out in the hallway once I had enough of its behaviour.
After about two years of not "feeding it" it slowly stopped rattling but during that time it was entertaining at first and I made several experiments with it.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:00 AM   #5
satsujinken

Quote:
The first time I seen a keris rattling was at a gurus place, actually it was unfortunate because the keris started rattling precisely as I walked into the room and approached him. I looked at the keris on the wall and I could see the guru also noticed it but his body language was strictly "I dont want to talk about it and dont ask me about it" so we both stood there ignoring the keris rattling on the wall. This guru thought I was somewhat demonic and lets just say we didnt have a long relationship

The second occasion,not really an occasion because it lasted over two years.
I lived with a keris that would rattle very often and it became very normal, even annoying at times. I had heard some teachings about the esoteric aspect of the keris and I managed to understand the ritual even though I was only told parts of it. So I tried it I had a friend make me a keris and to make it extra special I gave him a small meteorite that I wanted incorporated into the blade.

When I received the blade I began preforming the ritual every night with the keris with the idea of bringing the blade alive. After about a month of doing this every night before going to bed I placed the blade next to my bed on a bedside cabinet resting on a hardback book. I went to sleep and was woken in the middle of the night by the keris rattling next to my bed. It freaked me out at first but then I thought its what you wanted isn't it. Anyway I lived for a whole two years with this keris frequently rattling and got very used to it, actually for a while I thought of it like a pet. I would get very annoyed on occasion when it would wake me up late at night or early in the morning. I actually put it out in the hallway once I had enough of its behaviour.
After about two years of not "feeding it" it slowly stopped rattling but during that time it was entertaining at first and I made several experiments with it.

you need to turn off the vibrate mode on the keris :P
just kidding, Pusaka

I am an Indonesian and used to hear such stories, but never witnessed one myself

the weirdest thing happened to me was to enter my grandmother's room and suddenly I felt the air is getting warmer and thicker to the point it was rather difficult to breathe

I asked my grandmother why and she simply said, it's the keris ... and pointing out to the keris behind her bedroom door, behind me

Donny
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 05:19 PM   #6
Pusaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsujinken
you need to turn off the vibrate mode on the keris :P
just kidding, Pusaka

I am an Indonesian and used to hear such stories, but never witnessed one myself

the weirdest thing happened to me was to enter my grandmother's room and suddenly I felt the air is getting warmer and thicker to the point it was rather difficult to breathe

I asked my grandmother why and she simply said, it's the keris ... and pointing out to the keris behind her bedroom door, behind me

Donny
Methods that have been lost over time but everything that was will be again and again such things will become more common like the swing of a pendulum. As I said in my experience if you do not "feed" the keris it dies within two years thus it is no surprise to me that such things are not observed.
Old 23rd January 2017, 04:22 PM   #7
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:

Have you ever read the novel Frankenstein? Your description here reminds me a lot of the relationship between the doctor and his creature. It was not a good relationship.

Last edited by David; 27th January 2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Pusaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Have you ever read the novel Frankenstein? Your description here reminds me a lot of the relationship between the doctor and his creature. It was not a good relationship.
After a while I began to understand that the reason it rattles has nothing to do with being alive or warning of danger. Basically the process makes the blade responsive to energy fields and then when there is a change to local energy fields such as changes in Earth energy, solar flairs, weather, biological energy's the keris rides these invisible waves making it rattle. So in the end I began to see it more like a magnet responding to changes in local magnetic fields and less like a living thing.

At first it was quite exciting like a new discovery but after a while it became quite normal. On several occasions it would be very early in the morning like 4am and the thing would start rattling in my bedroom so I started to get annoyed by it.
Old 31st January 2017, 09:18 PM   #9
A. G. Maisey

This post has been removed from this thread.

I put it into the wrong thread.

It is my firm belief that I was santeted, by whom or by what Force I have no idea, but it demonstrates what can happen when one gets too close to the Truth in these arcane matters.

Last edited by A. G. Maisey; 1st February 2017 at 07:13 PM.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote