Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2006, 06:38 AM   #1
CollectingNewbie

Question NEW KRISS, FLYSSA, KHYBER, AND INDO PERSIAN DaGGERS

Just a month ago I started my collection and I dont have alot of info on any of my blades so any info would be a great help. Sorry all I have right now is the auction photos. Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by CollectingNewbie; 4th October 2006 at 06:04 PM.
CollectingNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 05:47 PM   #2
CollectingNewbie

Default More pics

Heres some more pics
Attached Images

Last edited by CollectingNewbie; 4th October 2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 4th October 2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Henk

About the three keris I can say all three are straight bladed. The dapur is brodjol. All three keris are from Solo, Surakarta. Scabbard is for all three wrangka gajaman. The last one has a copper pendok. Pamor of the first keris is an adeg type, the other two in my opinion Beras or Wos Wutah. The mendaks are new. Three very nice keris.

The sword with pamor blade is a pedang, I think. Dress looks rather new to me and is a replacement. The blade is certainly much older than the dress.

The middle dagger of the indo persian group with ivory hilt is a khukri, from Nepal or India. Looks to me as a very nice one. But the experts on khukri can tell you more. Same for the other weapons.

I would say, nice start for a collection.

I saw on the keris forum Rick is going to delete your keris part because he moved that part, so I will copy and paste the keris piece to the keris forum.

Last edited by Henk; 4th October 2006 at 08:59 PM.
Henk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 09:24 PM   #4
CollectingNewbie

Thanks for the info, I didnt realize that I was in the kriss section when I first made the post, beginners mistake I suppose but Ive got two more blades coming I need to post anyways. Thanks
Old 6th October 2006, 02:09 AM   #5
CollectingNewbie

Heres a better picture of the knives and handles, Im going to take some better pictures of my whole collection soon. I do believe that the handle of the khukri is Ivory though. Also can anyone tell me dates on any of these knives and or price ranges, I want to make sure if i did get over charged I dont make the same mistake twice. I was told that the 3 keris were, 1 from the 16th century, 1 from the 17 century and 1 from the 18th century, and what looks to me like a long sword to be from the 18th century. Ive just gone ahead and guessed that the rest of my collection is from early to late 19th century.

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 6th October 2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Yannis

From the last 3 ones the small dagger with fancy hilt is from Lebanon, 20th century. The last one with the long blade is shula dagger from Morocco late 19th or early 20th century.
Welcome to the forum. My advice is to read a lot of old threads of this forum and to invest in books. Collecting is an addiction. May the force be with you
Yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 02:48 PM   #7
spiral

The Decorative bone handled tourist kukri with ceramic "stones" & brass scabbard, is probably from 1940 to 1970.

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 01:55 AM   #8
CollectingNewbie

All of my babies together with a new sword
Attached Images