Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th August 2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Atlantia

Default Sad story: 'Ottoman / Kurdish Jambiya' Did you buy it?

Recently on another forum, an interesting story was told:
"I used to work with a Marine for whom I did a pretty significant favor. In return he presented me with this dagger which he found laying amidst rubble-strewn streets during the invasion of Fallujah. He also gave me the accompanying paperwork certifying the blade as a legitimate "war trophy." We did some research and found - through Google Images - the same knife (in better condition) advertised as a jambiya. Recently my curiosity has been renewed however, I'm no longer able to find the site! Through my continued efforts I stumbled upon your forum and have been thoroughly impressed with your collective expertise. I thought I'd put it to the test and hopefully gain some insight on the origins of the relic sitting in my closet, wrapped in a pillow case!" James D.

In a different thread he added the statement:
"I have no intention of trading or selling the jambiya"

Firstly, here is the Dagger in question (pictures available in at least two other public places on the net):
Attached Images

Last edited by Atlantia; 10th August 2011 at 02:57 PM.