Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd December 2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Norman McCormick

Default A Note of Thanks.

Dear All,
I would like to take this opportunity as the year end draws near to thank all the members of this Forum for all the enjoyable and interesting discussions, the freely imparted knowledge and the courtesy and kindness shown to all my enquiries and questions. The European section, although not pertinent to my general sphere of collecting, has been extremely interesting and informative.
I am a member of various Forums, as no doubt many of you are, but to my way of thinking this particular Forum stands out as a great example of what a Discussion Forum should be. This is down to the Forum Members, a Forum is only as good as its Members, hence the above.
I am aware all this does not happen on its own so my sincere thanks also to the unseen few who make it all possible.
My Warmest Regards To You All,
Norman.

Last edited by Norman McCormick; 23rd December 2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: grammar
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 07:03 PM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Talking

GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD AND TO HAVE YOU SHARE YOUR KNOWLEGE, TIME AND COMPANY HERE.
I ONLY BELONG TO THIS FORUM AND SELDOM VISIT ANY OF THE OTHERS ANYMORE AS I HAVE TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE AND DON'T SPEND AS MUCH TIME HERE AS IN THE PAST. THIS FORUM DOES TRY TO AVOID ANY OPEN CONFLICT BUT DOSEN'T DISCOUNT DIFFERING OPINIONS. AS WITH ANY DISCUSSION AND CONTACT AMONG MANY PEOPLE SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT OR GET MAD OR DISCOURAGED BUT IF IT HAPPENS HERE, IT IS ALWAYS UNINTENTIONAL. THERE ARE NO CLIQUES FORMED AND ALL PROPER COMENTS AND QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED REGARDLESS OF THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEGE OF THE MEMBER. AFTER ALL A VERY NEW COLLECTOR CAN SOMETIMES COME UP WITH A QUESTION THAT SHAKES SOME OF THE DUST OFF THE MIND OF US OLDER GUYS AND GETS US THINKING OR REMEMBERING AGAIN.
SO TO ALL YOU OLD KNOWLEGABLE COLLECTORS AND DEALERS AS WELL AS THE NEW COLLECTORS WELCOME AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO POST AS THAT IS WHAT THE FORUM IS HERE FOR. IN THE PROCESS WE ARE ESTABLISHING AND PRESERVING A GOOD BASE OF KNOWLEGE IN THIS FIELD SO ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. I TIP MY HAT TO YOU ALL AND TO THE MODERATORS WHO WORK FOR FREE AND TO LEE AND ARTZI WHO MAKE IT ALL POSSIBLE.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 01:57 AM   #3
migueldiaz

I'd like to express my thanks too to all the wonderful people in this forum, including to all those who work behind the scenes as said. Bless all of you!
migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Mark

Thumbs up

You are most welcome. But it is indeed the membership that makes the forum. All we do is give the odd poke when people get too ... um ... animated in their discussion.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 08:59 PM   #5
celtan

Hear, Hear! I fully agree. But even then, the ability of Jim at the "European section" to keep things rolling in an amicable and productive atmosphere, must be publicly acknowledged.

I tip my Morrion to all the Forum Moderators, for their selfless assistance and kind guidance.

Warmest regards to all, and a 2009 full of vintage weapon finds for all of you.

BTW: In 2009, I intend to visit Templehoff to search for the underground Luftwaffe hangar, filled with ME-109s, FW-190Ds, ME-262s, Lugers, Daggers and MP43s , sealed by the Russians in 45'...

Manuel Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
You are most welcome. But it is indeed the membership that makes the forum. All we do is give the odd poke when people get too ... um ... animated in their discussion.
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 01:35 PM   #6
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtan
BTW: In 2009, I intend to visit Templehoff to search for the underground Luftwaffe hangar, filled with ME-109s, FW-190Ds, ME-262s, Lugers, Daggers and MP43s , sealed by the Russians in 45'...
Is that right, Manuel Luis?

Sorry for the off-topic but in case you do stumble upon my favorite WW2 aircraft, the Horten Ho-229, at Tempelhof, please by all means inform me sir!
Attached Images

migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote