Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th January 2008, 10:03 PM   #1
CourseEight

Default Yet Another Bichwa

Hello All --

Just won this on ebay; not quite the sleeper I had hoped for but still a good price I think:

Link to Auction

What strikes me as peculiar is that it seems very clearly to be single-edged. All bichwa that I have previously seen are double edged (it is even defined that way in Stone), so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Bad auction pics below, will post better ones when it arrives.

--Radleigh
Attached Images

CourseEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

S guage, early 21st century classic style used by Lionels but I think American Flyers had three rails.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 12:18 AM   #3
CharlesS

This is a very rough looking blade on a hilt that looks much older and much more refined. I am thinking the blade may be rather new to the hilt, and that my explain the single edge.
CharlesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 03:19 AM   #4
CourseEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesS
This is a very rough looking blade on a hilt that looks much older and much more refined. I am thinking the blade may be rather new to the hilt, and that my explain the single edge.
Thanks for your quick reply. I asked because I was wondering if there were any other such examples, but in the abscence of any others this is by far the most likely scenario. I'm hoping the blade turns out better than the pictures; when I get it I'll be able to gauge the time that the blade and the hilt have been together better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
S guage, early 21st century classic style used by Lionels but I think American Flyers had three rails.
One has to wonder what goes through peoples' minds when they post some of the photos on some of these auctions. (Recently several Indian arms sold from a seller who took all the pictures on their washing machine...)

Thanks a bunch,

--Radleigh
CourseEight is offline   Reply With Quote