Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi

Old 7th June 2017, 06:08 AM   #1
Chanda

Default Keris Semar.

Hello everyone, I'm in indonesia right now and i just have a keris. I think it's a keris Semar (the seller told me the same) but a man in another shop tell me it's a Togog. I would like to know if someone can tell me something about, i know both characters (Semar and Togog) just a little and its difficult to find english infos. The man who sold it to me tolm me it's old and good for me cause of i practice meditation but not so much about other uses. I know can be used to empower water and it's used as a talisman and not as a weapon. I hope i put the thread in the right place and i hope it's relevant. Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Chanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 03:14 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Hi Chanda, welcome to the forum.
Frankly i don't know much about these type of keris and i'm not even sure i would categorize them as such. It is not an aspect of tosan aji that has attracted me very much. Most of the examples of these that i see seem to be fairly contemporary and frankly this iron looks more artificially aged than truly old. Perhaps other will have more to say.
My guess would be this is Semar, not Togog, since it does have the pointed tuft of hair on top of the head and Togog is balding as far as i know.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Chanda

Thank you for your time and effort to answer!
Chanda is offline   Reply With Quote