Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Ganja Iras

Default silver hilts for share

new silver hilts made by lombok silver smith.
so we can easily to find and get it in lombok.
any comments are welcom
Thanks and regards ,

Ganja iras
Attached Images

Old 4th December 2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Jean

Hello Ganja Iras,
Thank you for these pics, good craftsmanship and now we know the source of these silver hilts in modern Bugis style Is he also making more traditional styles of hilts such as balinese togogan or kocet-kocetan hilts?
Regards
Old 4th December 2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Ganja Iras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean
Hello Ganja Iras,
Thank you for these pics, good craftsmanship and now we know the source of these silver hilts in modern Bugis style Is he also making more traditional styles of hilts such as balinese togogan or kocet-kocetan hilts?
Regards

Hello Jean ,
thanks for the comment and of course the silver smith also making balinesse hilt such as togogan in a few motif or style : kocet kocetan ,prabu ,giant ,etc
but unfortunately i cant include balinesse hilts pictures now.
i will try to post some pics of it soon .
Regards,
Ganja iras
Old 4th December 2013, 06:41 PM   #4
David
Keris forum moderator

I'm sorry gentleman, but i am having some trouble with the nature of this thread and threads like it.
"so we can easily find and get it in Lombok"
Ganja, you have made it abundantly clear through this and past threads that you have good connections to hilt makers in Lombak. While your actual intentions may well be innocent, this thread gives the appearance of a fishing expedition. In other words, look at these nice, newly made hilts, leave comments about the craftsmanship, yes they are available and easy to get in Lombok, contact me privately if you would like to purchase one. While i acknowledge that you never state the very last part of this sequence it it not too hard to image it as an obvious extension of the rest.
Again, this may not be your intention here, but i am not the only one who finds the appearance questionable. And i am afraid that appearance is important because even if this is not your intention it still leaves a precedent for others to follow in this form and take advantage of this forum for commercial purposes. That is something we simply cannot tolerate. For that we provide the Swap Forum. Sorry, but thread closed.
Closed Thread