Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 10th June 2006, 11:56 PM   #61
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs up

IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN VERY LONG AGO AS YOU ARE VERY YOUNG YET, AS IS THE USA AT AROUND 230 YEARS OLD

AGEING IS INTERESTING AS IN MANY WAYS YOUR BRAIN STILL THINKS YOU ARE YOUNG NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU GET, AS FAR AS I CAN TELL BUT THEN I HAVE ONLY BEEN AROUND 59 YEARS 11 MONTHS. A YOUNG CUTE HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE GIRL STILL LOOKS GOOD TO ME BUT ALL I DO NOW IS LOOK. I STILL LIKE TO DO THE THINGS I ALWAYS LIKED AND STILL DO THEM BUT SLOWER AND FOR SHORTER PERIODS OF TIME
ITS AMAZEING HOW MUCH THINGS CHANGE IN A LIFETIME MY GRANDPARTENTS WHO I KNEW LIVED UNTIL I WAS 17 AND THEY CAME DOWN TO OKALHOMA IN A HORSE DRAWN WAGON FOR THE LAND RUSH. WHEN I WAS BORN JET AIRCRAFT WERE EXPERIMENTAL AND RARE MILITARY ONLY LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE FLYING AROUND NOW, EVEN INTO SPACE. YOU YOUNGER ONES HAVE A LOT OF CHANGE TO LOOK FORWARD TO, MAY THEY ALL BE FOR THE BETTER.

BACK TO TOPIC (AGE DOES SEEM TO MAKE YOUR MIND WANDER ) THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A INTERESTING POST AND GIVES A IDEA OF THE WIDE RANGE OF COUNTRYS AND INFORMATION WE HAVE TO DRAW ON AND THE OTHER AGE POST SHOWS THE RANGE OF AGES. IT IS ENCOURAGING TO SEE THAT THERE ARE YOUNG PEOPLE INTERESTED IN COLLECTING AND LEARNING AS WE ALL DID.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 12:46 AM   #62
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN VERY LONG AGO AS YOU ARE VERY YOUNG YET, AS IS THE USA AT AROUND 230 YEARS OLD

AGEING IS INTERESTING AS IN MANY WAYS YOUR BRAIN STILL THINKS YOU ARE YOUNG NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU GET, AS FAR AS I CAN TELL BUT THEN I HAVE ONLY BEEN AROUND 59 YEARS 11 MONTHS. A YOUNG CUTE HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE GIRL STILL LOOKS GOOD TO ME BUT ALL I DO NOW IS LOOK. I STILL LIKE TO DO THE THINGS I ALWAYS LIKED AND STILL DO THEM BUT SLOWER AND FOR SHORTER PERIODS OF TIME
ITS AMAZEING HOW MUCH THINGS CHANGE IN A LIFETIME MY GRANDPARTENTS WHO I KNEW LIVED UNTIL I WAS 17 AND THEY CAME DOWN TO OKALHOMA IN A HORSE DRAWN WAGON FOR THE LAND RUSH. WHEN I WAS BORN JET AIRCRAFT WERE EXPERIMENTAL AND RARE MILITARY ONLY LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE FLYING AROUND NOW, EVEN INTO SPACE. YOU YOUNGER ONES HAVE A LOT OF CHANGE TO LOOK FORWARD TO, MAY THEY ALL BE FOR THE BETTER.

BACK TO TOPIC (AGE DOES SEEM TO MAKE YOUR MIND WANDER ) THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A INTERESTING POST AND GIVES A IDEA OF THE WIDE RANGE OF COUNTRYS AND INFORMATION WE HAVE TO DRAW ON AND THE OTHER AGE POST SHOWS THE RANGE OF AGES. IT IS ENCOURAGING TO SEE THAT THERE ARE YOUNG PEOPLE INTERESTED IN COLLECTING AND LEARNING AS WE ALL DID.
Hell Barry , my Grandfather was a Wildcatter in Ok.
It was a different world then .
May the youngsters make it an even better one .
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 02:46 AM   #63
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO

Absolutely, someone recently sent a note on "turning the clock back 100 years - to USA 1906, and it's amazing to be reminded of phenomenal changes in just 100 years which I've already lived 49 years plus.

From the times of my greatgrandparents/grandparents (immigrants from Tianjin and CangZhou, China) until now much cultural changes have taken place, and I could only be reminded in nostalgia of some of the discontinued things by the CCTV programmes...even the food taste/smell different, a different world indeed.

I've started collecting some ethnographic stuffs beginning in 2000, so I guess age is not a factor, just the madness...

And Barry, a cute young lass looks good to me too...
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 08:00 AM   #64
Tim Simmons

Say hello to "The girl from Ipanema"
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 11:38 AM   #65
Dajak

Germany at the dutch border ( I am Dutch )
Dajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 04:09 PM   #66
The Double D

A native born Oregonian who will retire in two to five years in Montana, since Oregon is now the northern most county in California.

A dedicated Martini rifle collector with no interest in edged weapons at all. Working a special assignment for a couple of years in South Africa before retiring. Simply meeting friends requests for "Zulu Spears". Found a Zulu hunting spear, East African small game spear and Zande Spear. All of which are far to good for my friends and I will keep for myself. I will go to the Curio shop and get spears for my friends.

Just located two Maasi Spears. I should get them...

Did I mention I have no interest in edged weapons...
The Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 04:40 PM   #67
VANDOO
(deceased)

Talking

LOL THE EDGED WEAPON COLLECTING BUG CAN BE A INSEDIOUS LITTLE BEASTY AND WILL INFECT YOU NO MATTER HOW NOBLE YOUR INTENTIONS . WELCOME TO THE GROUP BUT TRY HARD NOT TO GET INTERESTED IN WHAT I COLLECT UNFORTUNATELY THAT WILL BE DIFFICULT AS I HAVE A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING IT SEEMS
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 10:57 PM   #68
Lei Shen Dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluErf
Oh! For the longest while I thought you were either from Taiwan or China!!
Lol
Yeap, you are wright. Most of the people in the forums think the same for me.
I just happen to be a Greek who loves the Chinese and Indonesian Archipelago's culture and tradition

Take care
Lei Shen Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 03:15 PM   #69
pinoy

I come from the The pearl of the Orient Seas, The Philippines!!! Mabuhay.
and we don't have a world cup team.
pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 03:19 PM   #70
SteveHarmison2

Hi to all, I am from Bangladesh. I did not see any other Bangladeshi here, may be I am the only person to be with you. Glad to be a part of such nice community and thanks for the thread also.
SteveHarmison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 08:58 PM   #71
kahnjar1

Born and raised in the South Island of Aotearoa, New Zealand. Grandparents hailed from the Scottish Borders, so I guess one could label me a tight fisted Kiwi.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 09:23 AM   #72
BANDOOK

Great post ,I have logged in after a long time as I was busy with work commitments.
I am originally from India but been living in northern part of New Zealand over 2 decades ,not many kiwis here ,just know Kahnjar1 dwn south who also is from NZ here who shares the same passion and has good knowledge of Arabian weapons
BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 10:54 AM   #73
Kmaddock

Hi From the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
I do not know if there are any others here from Ireland
I would think there has to be as I have been bid against at auctions so there are some other ethnic weapon collectors around.
Regards to the rest of the world
Ken
Kmaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 12:23 PM   #74
motan

Default Jerusalem, Israel

First time I see this thread. Nice.
I am an atheist from the holy city of Jerusalem (or Al Quds, if you prefer).
My family came from Hungary and I am married to a Dutch woman. I lived in the Netherlands for many years and speak the language, so I consider it my second home.
Eytan
motan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 03:27 PM   #75
JBG163

French spotted here! I promise... I don't collect baguette!
I'm 28, initially marine biologist, now knife maker, Smith and sharpener.
Have a good day everybody.
Julien
JBG163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 07:04 PM   #76
xasterix

Filipino living in Manila, Philippines, 33.
Engaged in studying my country's traditional blades for academic and martial purposes.
It's ironic that most of my country's most prized and well-preserved traditional blades are in foreign shores. I hope that changes someday.
xasterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 07:39 PM   #77
Ren Ren

I am from the capital of Russia, Moscow.
The area of my hobbies is the arms of China and Vietnam. I also became interested in subjects from mainland Southeast Asia.
Sometimes I drink vodka and I have a "ushanka" hat (but made in Finland ).
Ren Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 08:24 PM   #78
Norman McCormick

Hi,
Caledonia born and bred although Ulster Irish (County Antrim) on my mothers side and Norwegian on my fathers side. It's refreshingly heartening to see so many from divergent backgrounds get on together in relative harmony
My Regards,
Norman.
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 08:48 PM   #79
Fernando K

Argentina, the home of the gauchos (With Uruguat and Brasil)
Fernando K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 10:11 PM   #80
mariusgmioc

Romania
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2019, 08:12 PM   #81
kampilansabaybay

From the Philippines, based in Puerto Rico. Thanks for accepting me in this forum.
kampilansabaybay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2019, 03:10 PM   #82
sfenoid13

I was born and raised in Bulgaria where I lived until I was 10. I am not Bulgarian though , I consider myself Ottoman Turkish. We migrated to Turkey , motherland in 1990. Now I live in The city of Angels in sunny California. Best place to be any time of the year !
sfenoid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 05:51 AM   #83
Sylektis

Ιt reminds me a little, the Eurovision contest...
Good evening from beautiful Greece !!! .... Our twelve points go to ........
Sylektis is offline   Reply With Quote