Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd April 2014, 11:26 PM   #1
Sajen

Default Archaic kalis gamble

Just have won this archaic kalis/kris by ebay, the pictures are very blurry so this is maybe a gamble special because the blade seems to have some corrosion but alone the handle is worth what I have paid for it. The seller don't want to ship to Germany so it will be shipped to the sister of my wife who live in the States. Next gamble will be to get it to Germany without problems.
Also when the pictures are bad feel free to comment, I will post better pictures when I have received it.
Attached Images

Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:18 AM   #2
russel

I was going to make a similar gamble on this one, but you beat me to it! I think it will be a good catch. I look forward to seeing better images when you receive it.

Cheers, Russel
russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:24 AM   #3
DaveS

Detlef: Definitly a good example of a "transition kris". I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a twist-core...........Dave.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:58 AM   #4
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS
Detlef: Definitly a good example of a "transition kris". I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a twist-core...........Dave.
Hello Dave,

thank you! And I have the same thoughts like you, there could be the possibility that it is a twist-core blade. Would be a great extra.

Regards,
Detlef
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:52 AM   #5
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by russel
I was going to make a similar gamble on this one, but you beat me to it! I think it will be a good catch. I look forward to seeing better images when you receive it.

Cheers, Russel
Hello Russel,

when you have followed the auction you will know that first there don't have been a "buy-it-now" option. I have contacted the seller and have given exactly the offer he have added later. Soon as the kris is by the sister of my wife I will ask her husband for some better pictures.

Regards,
Detlef
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:57 AM   #6
ThePepperSkull

Dang! I missed a good one. Congrats, Detlef! I look forward to seeing you clean that blade up and showing us what's underneath.
ThePepperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 02:01 AM   #7
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePepperSkull
Dang! I missed a good one. Congrats, Detlef! I look forward to seeing you clean that blade up and showing us what's underneath.
Thank you as well! Will need some time until I have it in my hands but I hope that better pictures will us show more.

Regards,
Detlef
Old 23rd April 2014, 04:06 AM   #8
kino

Good catch. The blade shows signs of corrosion, hopefully it's just the bad photography. The pommel looks intact which is great. Show some photos when it all cleaned up. It's still a nice sword, I would love to have it regardless.
kino is offline   Reply With Quote