Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th November 2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Mytribalworld

Default Ebay changed feedback system

Hi guys,

I notiched that Ebay has changed the feedback system.
A seller can only give postive feedback to a buyer

I think ebay just broke a leg of their chick with the golden eggs.
Are there any sellers with new expiriences with that system?

regards,

Arjan.
Mytribalworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 09:44 PM   #2
spiral

Better for buyers, worse for sellers. Its been like that for about 6 months now in the UK & USA.

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 10:12 PM   #3
A. G. Maisey

I don't use Ebay, but I have a colleague who regularly buys and sells.

She always leaves positive feedback, but when you read her comments, sometimes they are positive, sometimes very negative.

I reckon for Ebay users, all they need to do is give positive feedback, but then say it like it really is.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 01:09 AM   #4
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I don't use Ebay, but I have a colleague who regularly buys and sells.

She always leaves positive feedback, but when you read her comments, sometimes they are positive, sometimes very negative.

I reckon for Ebay users, all they need to do is give positive feedback, but then say it like it really is.

FWIW, If the seller calls it positive in the box they check, but the wording of the feedback is negative, eBay will remove it if the Buyer complains.

In regard to the changing policy of not being able to give negative FB to buyers,

According to eBay, buyers were threatened with negative feedback by sellers if they left negative feedback for the sellers.

Called, "Retaliatory feedback."

This meant that needed and appropriate negative feedback was not being given buyers.

However IF a buyer does not perform -- pay for a won item, for instance -- the seller can file an NPB (Non-Performing Buyer) strike and the buyer can be disciplined.

EBay also has instituted a feedback system for sellers where they are graded on shipping promptness as well as several other categories with one to five stars. This can also negatively affect sellers.

I think that eBay is trying to be more like Amazon in that they are focusing more on "store sellers" than people selling individual, one-of-a-kind items.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 02:46 AM   #5
kahnjar1

I really don't understand Ebays attitude. I would have thought that a user friendly site would attract far more activity and thereby increase Ebays earning thru fees. They appear to be trying to make things as difficult as possible, and as for trying to get a sensible answer to reasonable questions from their "contact us".....................
Stick with the Swap Forum on this site and you can't go wrong. Admittedly the coverage is perhaps not as extensive as Ebay, but at least there are no STUPID rules to make things more difficult!
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 12:35 AM   #6
asomotif

Quote:
According to eBay, buyers were threatened with negative feedback by sellers if they left negative feedback for the sellers.
I have only given negative feedback twice but did not receive any negative feedback from those sellers as my feedback was factual and true.
And if they would have given negative feed back, what would it be ?
"Slow payment and you smell like dirty socks" ?

Strange that people would be concerned about that.

For me eBay is also going in the wrong with this decission.
But it becomes bigger and bigger business for Mr. eBay.
Decissions are taken for financial gain and not by common sense.
asomotif is offline   Reply With Quote