Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th June 2009, 06:26 PM   #31
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

Hi there,

With about everything having seemingly been said, I should like to thank Jim for the impulse and everyone joining in for the great additions.

I, too, have been left a bit frustrated at times facing 0 replies to a thread but then, after a few days just resorted to keep on posting.

Hey, you cannot expect anybody out there to sort of readily jump on any far out topic and give an input of substance.

I just wish to thank everyone who has made responses and has thereby helped me to shed new light on old guns, and most of all Grandmaster Jim, who with his never fading commitment and assiduity has fostered all our trials.

Best,
Michael
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 03:04 PM   #32
celtan

Guys,

Sometimes, the reason why we don't comment on a post is simply because we don't know anything about it , or perhaps less than the poster.

While we may not be able to contribute, we enjoy the post nonetheless, and are grateful to the poster for bringing it up. We live to learn.

Best, and keep up the good work.

Manuel Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
Hi there,

With about everything having seemingly been said, I should like to thank Jim for the impulse and everyone joining in for the great additions.

I, too, have been left a bit frustrated at times facing 0 replies to a thread but then, after a few days just resorted to keep on posting.

Hey, you cannot expect anybody out there to sort of readily jump on any far out topic and give an input of substance.

I just wish to thank everyone who has made responses and has thereby helped me to shed new light on old guns, and most of all Grandmaster Jim, who with his never fading commitment and assiduity has fostered all our trials.

Best,
Michael
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 04:09 PM   #33
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

Exactly, Manuel Luis,

You took the words right out of my mouth (or my keyboard, that is).

Michael
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 02:33 PM   #34
Hotspur

Hi Folks,

What can be more discouraging at times is to make well thought out replys to someone looking for information and never reading of the person posting again. I imagine it may be because they got what they were looking for in regard to information. More frustrating than that though is seeing one's exact information as presented and then finding them attached to a sale description.

At any rate, I figured this was a thread to post to and also make an appearance of hello. I probably know a few here from days past and in continuance. I hope to be here as a student with occasional offerings that can help.

Cheers

Hotspur; mostly following American swords up through the militia era. I like eagles
Hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 03:09 AM   #35
celtan

Welcome HS,

Regarding your post, there's always the proverbial silver lining. When you answer some cad's question, you are also teaching to those others who are following the exchange.

If the original poster disappears without further contributions, it's his loss. In the end, there's a net positive balance in the equation.

One of the strangest things I learned from Life is that we also learn when we teach. In fact, I daresay we learn more while teaching...

Best

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspur
Hi Folks,

What can be more discouraging at times is to make well thought out replys to someone looking for information and never reading of the person posting again. I imagine it may be because they got what they were looking for in regard to information. More frustrating than that though is seeing one's exact information as presented and then finding them attached to a sale description.

At any rate, I figured this was a thread to post to and also make an appearance of hello. I probably know a few here from days past and in continuance. I hope to be here as a student with occasional offerings that can help.

Cheers

Hotspur; mostly following American swords up through the militia era. I like eagles
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote