Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th June 2017, 08:18 PM   #1
kahnjar1

Default CHHURI for Comment

Please refer to previous thread http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18877 ref these North Indian knives.
I have just acquired this little beauty. Not really my field but fits well with my Afghan and Indian guns.
I have started a new thread but refer back to the previous one, which contained some useful information on these knives. My knife is shown there as the last item.
Stu
Attached Images

kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 02:32 PM   #2
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
Please refer to previous thread http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18877 ref these North Indian knives.
I have just acquired this little beauty. Not really my field but fits well with my Afghan and Indian guns.
I have started a new thread but refer back to the previous one, which contained some useful information on these knives. My knife is shown there as the last item.
Stu
The name game, is it a separate form which needs it own name (like choora)? Did Terri do what some people accuse others of doing, which is simply picking a native name and applying it, not necessarily correctly as some people say was done with the term "karud"?

Hand-book of the Manufactures & Arts of the Punjab: With a Combined Glossary & Index of Vernacular Trades & Technical Terms ... Forming Vol. Ii to the "Hand-book of the Economic Products of the Punjab" Prepared Under the Orders of Government, Baden Henry Baden-Powell
Punjab Printing Company, 1872.

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 06:27 AM   #3
estcrh

After looking around the internet a bit I have found several similar examples. I have no problem with calling this particular type "chhuri", as it is not quite a pesh-kabz.
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote