hello I have a littel problem about the pamor of this keris what is the pamor
Sekar Lapes ore Bulu Ayam

regards semar
Attached Images

semar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 11:41 PM   #2
HiFi

Hello forumers,

This is the first time I posting a comment in this forum, my English not good so I hope you understand it.

The reverse direction of the pamor, usually known as "Sungsang", the word sungsang also known when a baby born with the reverse position, for example the foot placing at the below part.

Reference of a book title pamor Keris, I think this pamor can be describe as Bulu Ayam Sungsang (some books note that the pamor Bulu Ayam is same with Blarak Ngirid, but for pamor Blarak Ngirid with reverse direction also known as pamor Naga Rangsang).

In many kerises, the reverse directional pamor, usually also has the right or common directional pamor at the reverse side, for example, at one side showing the pamor Blarak Ngirid but at the reverse side showing the pamor Naga Rangsang, this condition known as pamor Slewah.

Please accept my apologize if wrong words was made or mistake procedure.

HiFi
HiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 05:12 AM   #3
A. G. Maisey

When we try to name a pamor we first need to determine what the maker was trying to create. Sometimes this is easy:- the pamor is clearly defined, distinct, and complies with a recognised format. We can name the pamor, and the only disagreement we should get will be if somebody wants to use a different regional name that refers to the same pamor motif.

However, very often a pamor motif is not clearly defined, is far from distinct, and it is very difficult to determine exactly what the maker was trying to create.

This second possibility is the case with this pamor.

When I look at this picture I can see patches of pamor that look like a series of "v" 's, or "u" 's, these patches are interspersed with what appears to be a random pattern.

Based on these photos, I cannot name this pamor.

The clearly defined patches of "v" 's look as if they might be able to be classified as mayang mekar; the areas of random pattern are messy and poorly controlled.

I could not accept either bulu ayam, nor sekar lampes. Nor could I accept any of the variations of ron duru. It is not a blarak pamor, neither blarak ngirid, nor blarak sineret.

In general, bulu ayam is accepted as the East Javanese name for one of the variations of ron duru (ron kendhuru).

Maybe---just maybe---the maker set out to make mayang mekar, or perhaps ron pakis, but he failed to sufficiently control the forging.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Raden Usman Djogja

dear Alan,

I also have the same opinion that its empu failed to control the forging if I just concerned about the consistency of pattern of pamor. However, according to the shape of keris, it is a quite charismatic keris. Furthermore, from its dress we see, perhaps, this keris has a special place in the heart of its master.

So... what I want to hear from its owner is more just a tiny topic of pamor. There should be stories behind.

warm salam,
OeS
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 09:55 AM   #5
semar

Hello Guys

Thank you for this commend and Usman i Have buy this keris the year befor
in Djogya i don`t know the real owner I have buy this from teguh perhaps he
know more aboud the persoon i buy this keris from

regards semar
semar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 11:58 AM   #6
A. G. Maisey

Yep, I agree, its not a bad keris at all, I rather like it, and I believe that in the hand it would have a very good feeling, but we were not talking about abstract things, only about the physical reality of its being, and the pamor doesn't quite make it---not important---beauty is only skin deep.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 12:51 AM   #7
kulbuntet

Nice keris Hans! Good controled forceing or not, result look nice enough
kulbuntet is offline   Reply With Quote