Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th October 2010, 04:08 PM   #1
longfellow

Default Breastplate: comments, opinions & thoughts welcome

Good day all,

Forgive me for posting this here, but I tried another forum that I thought was for armor and it seems to be more for show and not for tell, so I came here to bother you folks.

This piece has been sitting on the pump organ in the dining room for at least 50 years. I have no idea where it originated - opinions would be welcome. I have no idea how old it is - thoughts would be welcome. I have no idea if the 'decoration' is an after-thought, for ceremonial purposes or a theatrical performance - input is welcome! My dad was on stage for years, but he was an actor and singer in things like Kizmet and South Pacific - not MacBeth or or Death of a Salesman. He collected things like city-state coins, black sea yataghans and Chinese parrying weapons, Ram Dha and the like - not stage props. That is not saying that it couldn't have been modified for stage, mind you. But, he is no longer remembers so is of no help and the only records I could find indicate that he purchased it in the late 50's or so - no who, where or anything else
Attached Images

longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote