Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd June 2006, 02:11 AM   #1
ariel

Default How to attract new members

As a part of our campaign to cast a wide net for new members and take the message out to the widest audience possible, I suggest to introduce a modest membership fee to be used for the acqusition of this e-bay item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Gotcha!
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Valjhun

Yes, why not, the guy looks like a Dervish
Valjhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:09 PM   #3
katana

Ariel, I suspect you have too much time on your hands
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:32 PM   #4
not2sharp

Lets wait until we can bid a $1.

n2s
not2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 03:48 PM   #5
ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana
Ariel, I suspect you have too much time on your hands

You bet your... posterior!
I am at home, in a cast post leg surgery and bored to death. I try to delay suicide by reading, watching "Sandokan" and "Bang Rajan", I wrote a paper, a book chhapter and half of a grant application. In between I browse the Internet and respond to snide comments
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 04:21 PM   #6
katana

My sympathy's, had a severe leg injury some years ago.......it was sooooooo......boring, didn't have the internet then
Get well soon
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 04:21 PM   #7
VANDOO
(deceased)

Talking

ARIEL JUST WAIT A BIT WHEN IT STARTS TO ITCH UNDER THE CAST THERE IS NO TIME FOR BOREDOM JUST THE MAD DESIRE TO SCRATCH I RECOMEND A WIRE FLYSWATTER HANDLE WITH A LADYS HOSE OVER IT JUST DON'T GET TOO CARRIED AWAY AS IT FEELS SOOO GOOD. IN DESPERATION I MADE ONE SERIOUS MISTAKE BY POURING SOME RUBBING ALCOHOL DOWN THE CAST AFTER SCRATCHING. AS A RESULT I INVENTED QUITE A LIVELY DANCE TO BE DONE WITH CASTS AND CRUCTHES GET WELL SOON

BACK TO ORIGINAL TOPIC, WHEN I FIND SOMEONE WHO COLLECTS OR DEALS IN EDGED WEAPONS I ALWAYS TELL THEM ABOUT THE FORUM AND RECOMEND IT AS A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN AND ASK QUESTIONS AND HAVE FUN. I HAVE RUN ACROSS THEM AT GUN SHOWS, ANTIQUE STORES AND AUCTIONS MOSTLY. I DON'T KNOW IF ANY HAVE TAKEN MY ADVICE OR JUST FORGOTTEN AS SOON AS I AM GONE BUT AT LEAST THEY HEARD ABOUT IT.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:40 PM   #8
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

From an outsider point of view,
Maybe some of the lurkers don't dare to deal with the visible background of expertized members. Could it be that the intelectual and academical ambiance of certain threads is scary for an iliterate, like i am. One other dificulty is the interpretation given to the intent put in the posts, by so many caracters, education levels and cultures. One keeps thinking he has blown it, everytimes he counter replies to somebody he later found to be much backgrounded in the subject, and will probably be ofended. A great deal of simpleness and tolerance is required from expert or academised members, towards those not so initiated, still wanting to collect and learn about old weapons and its envolving history in an open manner, the link that brings us to this Forum
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote