Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:23 AM   #1
satsujinken

Default GELAR PAMERAN KERIS NASIONAL 2012 - short review

Well ...

the exhibition lasted for three days, from 20/11/2012 to 23/11/2012 in Museum Mpu Tantular, near my home in Sidoarjo

it is said to exhibit more than 600 pieces of tosan aji, as well as 50 blades, which are submitted to the Keris Making competition held in the same museum at 8th May 2012 - Sept 2012.

Blades entered the exhibition comes from 11 state museum, member of Mitra Praja Utama, representatives from 38 cities in Java, Museum Keris in TMII, Museum keris in Purworejo, and Keris's lover communities

It is sad to see that not many people wanted to see keris anymore ... I came this morning and already half of the display has been dismantled ... only about a third is remaining and can be photographed

basically the exhibition consists of 3 venue

- the collector's item venue
- the result from Keris Making Competition
- shops ... (bursa keris)

all blades are displayed in glass case with adequate lighting ... too bad I did not bring any magnifying glass with me ... it will surely be nice to see details of pamor and garap on each keris

the odd thing is they placed a label on each keris, identifying the dhapur, luks, materials used an pamor ... but no tangguh

armed only with phone camera, I took several dozens of pictures ... mostly with what left of the exhibition, several beautiful keris, details of pamor and few pictures of bursa keris - so pardon the image quality

I also took several pics as wallpapers ...

anyhow, can someone tell me how to upload 30 - 50 images easily ?
now still resizing the images, so it will be easy to look at ... I took more than 150 pics and this forum only allowed 5 pics in each post

anyone interested in larger quality image, just ask ... will post it or email it in its original size (no too good quality, though)
Attached Images

Last edited by satsujinken; 23rd November 2012 at 10:20 AM.
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote