Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th March 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
mross

Default Moro Twist Core Reborn

Hello all. Here is an old twist core that has been reborn. I was purchased from Gavin Nugent site; here is a link to it.

http://www.swordsantiqueweapons.com/s201_full.html

The restoration work was collaboration between Philip Tom and Charles Saunders. The works was minimally invasive, but a lot had to be done to bring it back. I can elaborate but if Phil or Charles read this it would be better coming from those that did the actual work.

I wanted to match before and after shots but could not figure out how to do it. I have more photos, but that's all I could do for now. Hope you like it.
Attached Images

mross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 09:51 PM   #2
mross

Some more photos.
Attached Images

Old 7th March 2010, 09:57 PM   #3
mross

More, shots. Maybe not, can't seem to load any more up
Old 7th March 2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Sajen

My god, very god restore job and very nice twist-core blade! Hope you can upload more pics.
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 10:53 PM   #5
hideyoshi

Nicely done!
hideyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Gavin Nugent

Default Awesome

Congratulations Michael!!

You can not believe how happy I was and surprised I was when whilst talking to Philip on another matter, he mentioned he was putting the finishing touches to some of the lower laying areas of the twistcore pattern Moro kris you obtained from me....as I expressed previously, I got goose bumps...it means a lot to me to see an old and rare warrior like this Kris reborn.

Personally I think it is awesome that you had decided to restore this wonderful and old example of a Moro twistcore. The talents of Philip and Charles are certainly recognised as being at the top of their game and it shows.

Thank you for the before and after shots too, it shows wonderful insight from all involved and it is something many of us would never get to see or understand the methodical approach it takes to achieve an outstanding result.

I would love to see a thread started on completed restoration projects, I know a few of us have them and I too have one ear marked for Philip in the next quarter.

Again Michael, very nice, you must be happy!!

Gav
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote