Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31st October 2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Default 2 ebay clubs "unknown"

Here are to clubs that sold on ebay that I had on watch. The short one went for a few £,s more than the long one 44inches x 5inches across the head, under a ton, which for the long one seems an exteamly good buy. The fact that the wood has been work on a lathe of some sort suggests an Indian or North African Origin. The turned handle looks like Eygpt/Sudan to me. Any ideas.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 31st October 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Indianajones

Hi Tim, yes seen these too! I've seen these sell in one of those stores which sell container furnishments from Pakistan and India; they are actually wooden mixers which were put in a narrow wood bucket and spin around to mix the liquid (?) contence. Hence the flat top and the remains of a string put around the plain end enabling it to spin faster. Cant remember all the details.
No club at all. Wondered if anyone would fall for it!
Indianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 10:22 PM   #3
VANDOO
(deceased)

Unhappy

I SAW THESE AND RECOGNIZED THEM SO DID NOT WATCH OR BID.
WITH EBAY AND ONLINE AUCTIONS CONSTANTLY DRIVING UP PRICES ON CLUBS ITS NO WONDER THAT VARIOUS CLUB-LIKE UTENSILS AND TOOLS ARE BEING OFFERED ON EBAY. IT DOES SEEM LIKE THERE ARE A LOT MORE LATELY. SOME OF THESE WOULD MAKE A GOOD CLUB BUT SO DOES A GOOD HEAVY STICK.
OFTEN I HAVE BID A FAIR AND REALISTIC PRICE TO BE SNIPED AT THE LAST MOMENT AND LATER SEE THE ITEM FOR SALE ELSEWHERE SUCH AS AUCTIONS AND GALLERYS AND SHOWS. THE MARK UPS ARE TRULY AMAZING BUY IT ON EBAY FOR 225.00 AND OFFER IT FOR SALE FOR 2 TO 3 THOUSAND. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY EVER SELL ANYTHING BUT SELLING ONE ITEM AT THAT PROFIT WOULD COVER BUYING A LOT OF ITEMS. AND BIDDING AGAINST THEM!! " THEY ARE THE BORG AND RESISTANCE IS FUTILE"
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 02:43 AM   #4
katana

Hi Tim,
very disappointed for you They do seem ideal as clubs, with less surface area in the 'contact zone' of the 'head' it would inflict greater impact force. I did follow them and tried to research them but could find nothing as to their origins or use. The 'lathe' finished one did raise 'alarm bells' though.

Kind Regards David
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Tim Simmons

I did not go for them. I was just curious the small one was even said to be Oceanic. It went for a few more pounds than the long one. The seller is a well known ebay seller. Often selling some good bits. "take your protein pill and put your ++++++"
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:54 PM   #6
DhaDha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons
"take your protein pill and put your ++++++"
Well done...
DhaDha is offline   Reply With Quote