Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum

Old 23rd August 2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Atlantia

Default Paiwanese sword for trade

As you see in the pictures, I've not done anything with this one and it is as it came to me.
Somewhat dirty and some surface rust/oxidisation, it would certainly benefit from a clean of the blade and the wood.
Condition is good. Some small scuffs and knicks to the wood. Remains of some kind of sash or binding in the suspension holes on the side of the scabbard.
Blade is 'chisel ground' which is flat on one side and with a central shoulder on the other.
Blade is stamped 'FOREIGN' (see picture).
Whether this indicates that it is an old tourist piece stamped to allow export overseas. Or the steel was reused and already marked, I don't know as these are not my field.
In any event, things haven't been stamped 'foreign' in my memory so that would also suggest some good age to this piece.
Blade is pinned into the hilt. Small crack in hilt where peg has been driven in (under ferrule).
Indications of age, hilt has a brass ferrule which is loose and has completely oxidised with age to a dark green colour.
Weight of sword is 368g (not in scabbard) and sword is 57.5cm long, 65cm in scabbard.
Not really my field, so I'd prefer to swap for something more in my 'area'.
Wanna discuss terms or possible deals then feel free to Message me or email to: gimmieitbaby@aol.com
Attached Images

Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Atlantia

Hi All,
Specifically swaps for weapons that would better fit into my collection:
Indo Persian (Katar, Maces, Tulwar, shamshir, Pesh etc), Nepalese (Kukri), Ottoman (Khanjar, etc) or European daggers (pre 1900).

Thanks
Gene
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote