Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th February 2013, 04:23 PM   #1
dzyner

Default Persion Kard Knife for opinions...

Hi all. I've had this in my collection for over a year now. It was included in a lot of edged weapons I purchased along with mostly WW2 era daggers and swords. My collecting interest is primarily WW1 and WW2 so I know little about these and thought I'd post it here for general opinions and feedback.

I'd also like to hear thoughts regarding the grip; is it bone or ivory, and from what animal? What about the leather scabbed? Any ideas on the hide used for this? The texture and color makes me think elephant, but what do I know

The forum rules are pretty tight when it comes to inquiring about value so I'll avoid that, but I am interested in hearing thoughts regarding a good outlet for something like this. Hopefully I'm not busting forum rules by asking that question - I think it's a perfectly legit question to ask on a forum personally. If the administrator feels this paragraph is a violation then please just remove it from my post. I certainly don't want to offend. I really just want this knife to go to a respectable home since it doesn't fit into my core collecting interest and I'm not doing it any good by allowing it to collect dust on a shelf.

Thanks!
Dzyner
Attached Images