Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd May 2005, 01:23 PM   #1
erlikhan

Default Trip to Macedonia

Next week, I will be in Skopje-Macedonia for a few days trip. Anybody knows, if I can have any chance to find some antique etnographic arms?

regards
erlikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 05:26 AM   #2
Conogre

I'd guess you would deffinitely have a chance, although that's an area where people have been searching for remnants for well over 3,000 years, which is a LONG period of time for something to escape detection.
Enjoy your trip and good luck in your hunting.
Mike
Conogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 05:37 AM   #3
TVV

The only time I went to Macedonia I spent most of my time there in Ohrid and only a few hours in Skopije, so I have no idea of the choice and prices of ethnographic weapons in antique shops there. It would also be a good idea to learn their export regulations for such items. I believe you will find interesting things, though, as there was quite a variety of ethnographic edged weapons used in the Ilinden Uprisal of 1903, as I saw an exhibition of items from that particular uprisal in Sofia and it offered quite a few yataghans, qamas, kindjals, hanjars, etc. and I can only imagine that there should still be some left in Macedonia outside museums. Good luck, and let us know what is the current situation with the edged weapons market in Macedonia these days.
TVV is offline   Reply With Quote