Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th August 2009, 07:16 AM   #1
KuKulzA28

Question Inquiry on Bichwa Borrowing

Hello! I am interested in borrowing bichwas.
It's not your usual swap forum inquiry is it? Nope...
I didn't see anything against this in the PLEASE READ,
So please, if it is, please lock this thread really quickly.
I don't want to be banned from the EAA forums.

The reason I want to borrow bichwas is that I feel I could learn more about them from actually handling them. I'm a kinesthetic learner. Since they run at prices I cannot afford, it'll be years and years before I can even entertain the thought of buying my own antique bichwa. They are intriguing weapons of India, and I have a fascination with the subcontinent's close-combat methods and weaponry, from bichwas to bagh nakh and jamdhar. In particular I am interested in 3 types of loop-handled bichwa. These are the ones whose blades run along the same plane as the hand (example1), ones whose blades are perpendicular to the hand's plane (example2), and ones with double blades (example3). An example of the blade's plane being perpendicular to that of the hand can be seen here. I hope I'm not being confusing. Those pictures are not mine by the way, no plagiarism.

In essence it is for my own personal learning, research, and brief enjoyment.

I am a college-student and I cannot afford to buy them right now - paying to go to university is tough enough. I know this concept of borrowing is very risky on this internet setting. However, I can make a "trust-payment" of around $100 USD for those who deem it necessary before lending their bichwa. And thus, when I send back the bichwa (say the agreement was a week), the trust-payment will be returned to me. I'll even pay shipping both ways if need be. If something bad happens to it, I could work it out with the lender and repay the debt. I'm an honorable man. I understand if no one is interested to lend because it is a risk and a great leap of faith. It would also be for me too if I send trust-money and got nothing.... and never got the money back. But my hope is that other honorable folks will trust me on this, and no one will lose anything.

Anyone who is interested in this temporary exchange, and would like to let me know, can post here.
I'd prefer to keep the personal 1-on-1 terms of exchange discussion to PMs. I feel it'd be better that way.
If you cannot PM me for some reason, or prefer email, I can be reached at - kukulza28@yahoo.com
KuKulzA28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 03:25 AM   #2
KuKulzA28

Hopefully this uncommon inquiry is not offending anyone here.
I appreciate those who have given their friendly input thus far.
If anyone is interested, let it be known I'm not here to rob you!
Understandably it is unconventional and risky, but I am honest.
Old 10th August 2009, 11:21 PM   #3
Andrew

Your inquiry is fine, KuKulzA28. No worries.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Smile

You know, I think I'd lend you one if I had one to lend .

BTW, replies in the swap threads have been disabled; so please contact our student via PM or email .

Thanks
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 02:52 AM   #5
KuKulzA28

Thanks for clarifying, Rick and Andrew!
Old 15th August 2009, 08:10 PM   #6
KuKulzA28

Update.

I've sold some of my most valuable blades and have acquired for myself (with the money) a bichwa. Therefore, while I am still interested in others of the same type, my next priority is acquiring or borrowing the other two kinds I had mentioned above. I want to thank all those who have been helpful thus far, not just in terms of encouragement, but mainly in the forum thread discussing the use of bichwa. It has really turned a big interest into a personal research project.

The recent acquisition:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6163/49636179.jpg

One down, two more to go!
Old 15th August 2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuKulzA28
Update.

I've sold some of my most valuable blades and have acquired for myself (with the money) a bichwa. Therefore, while I am still interested in others of the same type, my next priority is acquiring or borrowing the other two kinds I had mentioned above. I want to thank all those who have been helpful thus far, not just in terms of encouragement, but mainly in the forum thread discussing the use of bichwa. It has really turned a big interest into a personal research project.

The recent acquisition:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6163/49636179.jpg

One down, two more to go!
From Erik ?
Congratulations !
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 11:50 PM   #8
KuKulzA28

Yup that's the one.