Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th November 2022, 07:47 PM   #1
RobT

Default Bali Dress. Bali Blade?

Hi All,

I recently got this Balinese dressed keris but the look of the blade makes me suspect that it’s not from Bali and the blade to sheath fit isn’t really good either. The very slender (about 7/8” [22.22cm] wide) blade is about 14-3/4” (37.5cm) long and has a pronounced ada ada which vanishes into a thickened tip (with chigger bite at the very end). I have taken close-ups of the blade to show the pamor which is the most delicate I have ever seen. Perhaps if the blade were in proper color, the pamor would look bolder? I have also provided side and top views of the ganja area. Hopefully the pictures will be sufficient for a blade ID.
As for the dress, the front of the gandar is a kajoe pelet veneer and the back side had at one time been painted red (which somebody tried very hard to remove). The wranka is also kajoe pelet. I don’t know if the double kendhit on the bondolan hilt is real or a stain. When I got the keris, the hilt was on backwards and there was no uwer. The ensemble is otherwise as found.

Sincerely,
RobT
Attached Images

RobT is offline   Reply With Quote