Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2008, 04:57 AM   #1
CollectingNewbie

Exclamation HELP!!!!! POSSIBLE EBAY SCAM

Hey everyone I was recently browsing ebay and found a few items listed for sale from a dealer in the uk that are for sale by Bill marsh out of Idaho, some of you are familiar with him as he has quite a bit to offer on his site. I am not sure what is going on, but I have never known him to sell on anyother site other then gunbroker.com and he still has these items listed by the seller from the uk listed for sale on gunbroker. The seller from the uk wants a lot of shipping way more then nessicary and the items are priced low with no reserve. i have bought a few katars from Bill in the past but cannot find his e-mail address and his site is not working my computer. I would like help contacting him if someone out there reads this, I would like to give him a heads up, I do not know if this is a scam or what is going on, but it is very out of the ordinary. one of the itmes in question is [removed] I may be mistaken in all of this but better safe then sorry as I would hate for anyone to get scamed out of money, or a reputation ruined. Bills website is www.gnwtc.com, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jared

Last edited by Lee; 21st January 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 21st January 2008, 12:06 AM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Great North West is owned by Bill Woods, not Bill Marsh, who is a fellow forumite here. I suggest you contact him. He may well have sold this to the eBay seller some time ago. So people don't necessarily get their sites as up to date as they should.
The eBay seller has a very good rep with over 1000 transactions so i would not be so quick to make accusations publically without something to back it up. It would seem unusual to me that a seller with this type of feedback would lift a photo from another site and try to sell it on eBay.
Old 21st January 2008, 03:45 AM   #3
CollectingNewbie

Default re

Hi David, my mistake on the last name, I was just reading a post by bill marsh a few minutes before posting, I am not saying anything for sure about this seller, I am only questioning the listing as Bill has still not taken them off gunbroker for sale, which is highly unusual, I simply wished as a fellow collector and seller to bring it to attention as it seems to be out of the ordinary. I must apoligize if this is legitamate, and I did not mean to call the sellers reputation in to question, as you said with a feedback of over 1000 it seems highly unlikely, I would like to clarify that I was just assuming that maybe the sellers id was stolen. The whole situation just seemed sketchy and again would like to apoligize if it apears that I was taking the sellers reputation into question.
Old 21st January 2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Sikh_soldier

Arrow

Thanks for your concern CollectingNewbie, as although the feedback is high, his account could have been hijacked.

Take care guys
Bally
Old 21st January 2008, 11:04 AM   #5
spiral

Jared As you dont actualy definatly know anything about it & as you cant seem to contact the person you think still owns it. Id suggest you contact the seller & ask him

One way or anther youve already scupperd his auctions, I thought thats why linking to live auctions was banned here?

Spiral
Old 21st January 2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Pusaka

Jared,

Why dont you contact the seller and ask him to send you another photo of a different feature or from another angle, if he dose not own the item in question he wont be able to provide you with it
Old 21st January 2008, 02:27 PM   #7
David
Keris forum moderator

Jared, Spiral makes a very valid point. I hadn't even noticed that this auction was active. We tend to be sticklers for that particular rule around here, though i do not carry the stick on this part of the forum i am sure one of the regular Mods will be around to beat you with theirs promptly. Sorry.

Last edited by David; 22nd January 2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 21st January 2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Lee
EAAF Staff

Arrow Post Edited

I have removed the link to the active auction as it is in violation of the forum rules; the rules and some of the thoughts behind them are in this sticky thread which probably deserves occasional re-reading.

I would recommend reporting suspicious ebay auctions directly to ebay; here is a help page at ebay on this topic; the 'contact us' link on that page will take you to a reporting form if you are logged in.

Last edited by Lee; 21st January 2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 21st January 2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Andrew

I think this thread has served its purpose.
Closed Thread