Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 3rd June 2023, 03:15 PM   #1
JeffS

Default Probus Auktioner?

Anyone here familiar with Probus Auktioner in Sweden? I won a sword back in April and have been unable to contact them.
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2023, 07:52 PM   #2
A.alnakkas

Have bought from them before. Communication was top notch and item was packaged and I arranged shipping easily. It was two years ago.

I recommend giving them a call.
A.alnakkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2023, 08:29 AM   #3
Victrix

I have bought from them before and they used to be OK. Some time back I thought I won the auction for some items but it turned out that my bids had not been noticed so the items were sold at a lower price and collected by another buyer already! Very disappointed as you can imagine.

I checked their website and the Swedish version states that they prefer if buyers collect their items at the end of the auction. They further state that they can help with packing and ”usually” assist with sending the item through post or Fedex within Sweden or EU, as long as items not too bulky. If transportation assistance is required you should wait with paying the invoice until you have contacted Probus and agreed a transport alternative.

I imagine you already paid the invoice. In that case you should contact them at: Probus auktioner, Grevgatan 6, SE-114 53 Stockholm, Sweden. Tel. +46 (0)8 660 59 00, email: info@probusauktioner.se. Start with sending emails but Swedish people are notoriously bad a reading emails. Then try and call their office but not sure it’s manned frequently. Finally send them a letter addressed to Max Sjöberg.
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2023, 10:38 AM   #4
corrado26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victrix View Post
Some time back I thought I won the auction for some items but it turned out that my bids had not been noticed so the items were sold at a lower price and collected by another buyer already! Very disappointed as you can imagine.
I made the same experience some time before and stopped dealing with them immediately. This is not the way to deal with clients.
corrado26 is offline   Reply With Quote