Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th May 2020, 06:42 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Default Wayana club?

After selling the bulk of my collection I have finally added to the rump that is left, mainly from the Amazon. I know there is a limited interest in this material but I have to say having collected much from the oceanic regions. Although not antique like the ubiquitous and rather crazy over priced common Fijian ebay fodder, this item is somewhat harder to find. I have one which I posted here some years ago. With the help of a fellow member the most probably origin was Wayana or there about, the borders of the Guyana's unless you know better. The example I have in hand, the photo on stone background, is 95cm long has rhombus formed main club body, though I only show three sides. The new piece to the collection are the sellers pictures. The main body appears to be more rounded rhombus in section and a good deal larger at 127cm long. Looking closely at the photos I think it may be coated in some kind of plant resin lacquer. Pant resin lacquer is also a common way of making pottery waterproof in the absents of low temperature mineral pottery glazes.
Attached Images

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote