Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum

Old 30th July 2014, 05:10 PM   #1
T. Koch

Default Laminated Tulwar

Jambo rafikis!

I am cleaning away some unwanted fat and this guy is looking for a new home. He's a Tulwar with a nicely worked, laminated blade with two fullers, a "yelman", a 1/4 fuller along the spine at the proximal end and a little pitting along the distal 1/5 of the blade. I think the hilt is steel, but unsure - the two halves seem to have been soldered together with brass and I believe the disc at the center of the guard to be gold, although untested.

I have just cleaned the blade very lightly with oil and steel wool and given it a quick n' dirty vinegar etch, but I am sure that it can be cherished to a much nicer finish. Handles excellently - suprisingly light while at the same time feeling VERY business-like.

I know the enclosed photos are less than stellar, but a sword of this size is a real bitch to take good total-shots off. If you are interested and would like a straight-on shot of the entire piece or would like to see specific details, please don't hesitate to ask.

EUR 400,-

Best wishes, - Thor
Attached Images

T. Koch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 12:45 PM   #2
T. Koch

Dropping this to € 300,-

Nice weekend everyone!

/Thor
T. Koch is offline   Reply With Quote