Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th January 2007, 05:27 AM   #1
ferrylaki

Default my new kerises

I am a new member in this forum. i'm an Indonesian, I bought this kerises 2 month ago. any coment or identification for my kerises?
Attached Images

ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Welcome to the forum.
I am afraid it is hard to tell too much from these photos. You do have a nice and diverse selection of dapurs (blade profiles). They all appear to be Javanese in origin. The sheath you show is the Surakarta formal ladrang style. The pendok (metal sheath cover) is an open style that i think is called blewah. Do the other blades also have sheaths. It would also be nice to see the hilts close up. Most seem to have at least some authentic age, but i am afraid that the naga blade appears to be a fairly recent creation of fairly low quality. I think i like best the old 3 luk blade you posted last. This looks like the oldest one of your blades, but i will leave it to others to try to be more specific if they can. Looks like a good start on a collection. I'd imagine there will be more keris in your future.
BTW, what part of Indonesia are you from.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Henk

Ferrylaki,

Welcome to the forum.

I have nothing to add to the comment of David.

The three luk keris is a very nice one, but the two keris lurus are also very nice examples. Good start of a collection.

Keep the naga keris as a keris to remember how we all started too enthousiastic with collecting.
Henk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 03:14 AM   #4
ferrylaki

Default my new kerises

my origin is in central java, solo. I will post some better pictures soon. I think I need a better camera. the naga keris belong to my young brother, the others are mine. those kerises need to be cleaned for sure. I reallly apreciate any information on my kerises.
Old 17th January 2007, 08:54 AM   #5
ferrylaki

Default my new keris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrylaki
my origin is in central java, solo. I will post some better pictures soon. I think I need a better camera. the naga keris belong to my young brother, the others are mine. those kerises need to be cleaned for sure. I reallly apreciate any information on my kerises.
a closer image....is it need to be cleaned???
Old 18th January 2007, 03:13 AM   #6
ferrylaki

Default KERIS LURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrylaki
a closer image....is it need to be cleaned???
THIS IS ACLSE UP PICTURE OF KERIS LURUS/STRAIGH KERIS
Attached Images

Old 22nd January 2007, 01:49 PM   #7
DewaKarma

Default hello

hello..
your 9 luk kris is interesting..where to actually get it from? ur last kris that u showed ..i estimate it ard 200yrs old..u need to cleansed it properly to avoid it being corroded fast..
DewaKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:23 PM   #8
David
Keris forum moderator

Welcome to the forum DewaKarma.
I don't think you are counting luks with the proper method. That keris has 11 luks. What exactly do you find interesting about it?
How did you reach a dating of 200 yrs. on the last keris pictured? I would be interested to know you method.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 01:15 AM   #9
ferrylaki

Default kerises....

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Welcome to the forum.
I am afraid it is hard to tell too much from these photos. You do have a nice and diverse selection of dapurs (blade profiles). They all appear to be Javanese in origin. The sheath you show is the Surakarta formal ladrang style. The pendok (metal sheath cover) is an open style that i think is called blewah. Do the other blades also have sheaths. It would also be nice to see the hilts close up. Most seem to have at least some authentic age, but i am afraid that the naga blade appears to be a fairly recent creation of fairly low quality. I think i like best the old 3 luk blade you posted last. This looks like the oldest one of your blades, but i will leave it to others to try to be more specific if they can. Looks like a good start on a collection. I'd imagine there will be more keris in your future.
BTW, what part of Indonesia are you from.
more pics from my collection
Attached Images