Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 15th October 2007, 11:39 AM   #1
wolviex

Angry Eastern Influences on Polish arms - modern point of view

It is well known that Eastern countries like Persia or Ottoman Empire had a great influence on Polish arms in prevoious centuries.

But the traditions is still alive and is running in a blood of young generation! Thought the story isn't as funny as it should!!!

Below is a picture from a Polish newspaper, where we can see some of the weapons confiscated by the police from Polish pseudo football funs just before the game. Well the truth is they're not there to support their teams but to seek and destroy the other ones who are also "supporting" the contrary team. There are many dead panalties already... mostly because of wound made by pocket knives...

But what we can see here is really amazing!!!!
Attached Images

wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Mark

Exclamation

Wow! I thought English football hooligans were bad! Interesting spectrum of weapons, there. Even the butcher knife looks "foreign" (Japanese). Clearly there just to cause trouble; if they were true fans they would have had karabela.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Richard Furrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Even the butcher knife looks "foreign" (Japanese).
Sweden or Finnland

Ric
Richard Furrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 05:44 PM   #4
ariel

Fake Daos, Finnish butcher knives... Balderdash!
You are all getting old and useless!
You have missed the most spectacular part of the picture: she is on the left, and is blond....
I know why Polish hooligans commit crimes: they just want to be arrested by Her... Can't blame silly buggers
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 06:21 PM   #5
Jens Nordlunde

I doubt very much that Wolviex started this thread to make it into a joke. I too think it is saddening the way people, especially young ones get more and more violent.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 08:16 PM   #6
wolviex

Well Jens, I'm not too serious too, because real crimes are commited usually with real weapon like small knives, hammers (!), shortened baseball bats etc. These are just ridiculous!!!! Chinese dao ?!
They're eastern arms lovers or just stupid....
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 09:00 PM   #7
Robert
EAAF Staff

My vote is that they are just stupid! It is very upsetting that not only the young but older people can contemplate the violent use of such weapons over a game that is suppose to bring people with the same interest in a sporting event together.

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 02:51 AM   #8
ariel

Oh, Jens, do not be so-o serious!
As a matter of fact, young males are inherently violent: testosterone just fries their brains
When I was 15 y.o., all my friends went around carrying bicycle chains, knuckledusters and very sharp knives. Their actual use was low, but everybody felt good: real men are supposed to be armed.
There are quite a lot of studies showing that the level of societal violence is directly proportionate to the percentage of young men in the general population. From the point of view of modern penology, the main protective reason for long-term incarceration is keeping men isolated and under control until they hit ~50 years of age. From our ( weapon collectors) point of view, the major reason for wars is the excess of young males.
This is why Europe is becoming more and more pacifistic: the birth rates are low. The Middle East , on the other hand, is overflowing with unemployed young men in their teens to 30's.
This is also why all armies draft young men: dumb, violent and having illusions of immortality.
Taking a dao to the soccer game sounds stupid from our perspective but for a 20 y.o. punk it is the ultimate expression of masculinity. How many times have we read about ritual, phallic image of weapons? Banning guns will have no effect: they will just bash your brains out with a beer bottle.
And look at us: how many weapon-collecting women do we know? Five total?
I bet you, the gorgeous Polish policewoman in the picture is orders of magnitude less violent and less interested in weapons than a 50 y.o. liberal arts professor from the nearby University. She is a Tamer, not a Tiger.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote