Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th February 2023, 02:10 PM   #1
milandro

Default The role of the production of ganja (gonjo) iras is kris making and tradition.

I have acquired a Balinese kris with an unequivocal ganja iras (in the sense that it wasn't missing it, it is simply made in one piece ).

I have read, en passant, in other threads that the realisation of the Ganja Iras can be seen as a kris particularly loaded go mystical significance and /or as a show of the empu's ability in controlling the process, since if anything did go wrongwhili making there in the Ganja it may result in the blade having to be rejected or need to be modified.

So, since I didn't find a specific thread on the subject I decided to create one. I'd like to know more about this.

Last edited by milandro; 26th February 2023 at 05:31 PM.
milandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2023, 08:04 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

I don't believe we have ever had a thread dedicated entirely to the question of gonjo iras, but the question has turned up here and there. You can find a few posts about it in this thread. But obviously there is a lot more to discover about this particular form.
http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...ght=Gonjo+Iras
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2023, 09:27 PM   #3
A. G. Maisey

I have just now read through the thread that David has referenced.

I believe that a complete reading of this thread will answer many questions, but will equally leave many questions unanswered.

Milandro, I most respectfully suggest that rather than ask a "nature of the Universe" question, we might be able to progress a little if you were to ask just a single, specific question at a time.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2023, 09:29 PM   #4
milandro

yes, thank you David, much obliged, as I mentioned in the opening post, I did find those references to Ganja Iras in my research in the forum.

I just thought that this matter had merited a thread, if at all possible, so that people, like me, researching this matter, would be able to find some information in one place.
milandro is offline   Reply With Quote