Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd May 2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Radu Transylvanicus

Default WE NEED ALL YOUR PARTICIPATION HERE !!!

Seems like I need to do this again, since we have a new Forum!
INSCRIPTIONS, LANGUAGES & TRANSLATIONS ! To be honest with you I am not fully satisfied how many great threads are ending and I cannot stress enough the importance of our lingvistical skills .
Sorry to impose by capitalising my posting's title I don`t mean to patronise but I am trying to awaken awareness and pursue any member to let us know what can he SPEAK, READ,INTERPRET or TRANSLATE, so we can further know and promote those who we can turn to help in these matters when needed, because too many good postings end too soon and too incomplete. Besides English, YOU that feels like helping here is how you can help: what languages can you speak, read or interpret (do not be shy, YOU DON`T HAVE TO BE FLUENT! )or what non Latin-alphabets can you read. Mostly I feel we lack covering the area from Turkey to India, Persia to Sri Lanka as far as geography goes but everything is welcome (I for example speak no Asian language whatsoever). Phrases like ,, I don`t speak myself but my wife can read Sanskrit and I have a good friend that is fluent in Farsi'' work very well... At the end of the day thats what we are : a group of friends with a common bond !

So I`ll start my self this WHO`S WHO saga :

Radu Transylvanicus :

ROMANIAN, ITALIAN, FRENCH, SPANISH, HUNGARIAN, GERMAN, LATIN.
I can also translate old GLAGOLITIC and CYRILLIC texts.

P.S. Please resume to just mention name and languages and QUICK NOTE: English, Canadian, Texan, Southern, Cockney slang, Aussie, Ebonic, Irish, Kiwi, Jamaican, BritSpeak, Scottish English, Pig Latin, Sign language, North Shore Pidgin, New Yoowk Eetalian, Espanglish, Creole, back talk, Valley Talk, Congress talk, medical talk, law talk, Sou`Afrikan , Oyster Bay and Sean Connery accents do not qualify so CHEERS, but WE GOT THEM COVERED !!! Moderators will act as executioners in case of misbahaving and deviations !

My deepest sympathy to all individuals willing to participate and help in this project !

Last edited by Radu Transylvanicus; 3rd May 2005 at 09:17 AM.
Radu Transylvanicus is offline   Reply With Quote