pamor wengkon
periode Tuban

regarts semar
Attached Images

semar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Raden Usman Djogja

Hi...Semar,

Interesting trisula. Please upload more pictures. Is it your family heirloom? Or you have just bought from a keris trader. If you have just bought it, perhaps it's better you bring it back soon before losing money.

regards,
Usman
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 02:39 PM   #3
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden Usman Djogja
Hi...Semar,

Interesting trisula. Please upload more pictures. Is it your family heirloom? Or you have just bought from a keris trader. If you have just bought it, perhaps it's better you bring it back soon before losing money.

regards,
Usman
Usman, perhaps it would be best for you to follow up on these comments. At first you call it "interesting", but you obviously seem to think this is not a very good example. Could you elaborate on this? A critical analysis is always welcome when done is a civil and constructive manner, but we learn nothing from hints and inuendos. Personally i know very little about these weapons, but would like to know more. And if i were Semar i would rather know the truth about my trisula, good or bad.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 03:13 AM   #4
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by semar
trisula
pamor wengkon
periode Tuban

regarts semar
Dear Semar,

There are at least, two kinds of trisula. One is "straight trisula" (yours), and the other is combination of trisula with luks. And the luks, usually the combination of three and five luks (pls look at my trisula, I've posted in other thread before). The counts of straight, three and five, are based on certain Hindu philosophy -- I think. Three, for instance, related to the oneness of the three Hindu gods: Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva.

Iras type of trisula, would be a better trisula. Yours is iras type. But unfortunately, my trisula is from the two-piece type. Trisula used to be a pusaka, and not a weapon for fighting. And for me, it is embarassing that in Cirebon palace -- a palace of Islamic kingdom from 15th century in the west part of Central Java -- trisula became their pusaka. Did they still worship their "hindhu" ancestor of Pajajaran Kingdom of the 13th century? Kudi or kujang -- pusaka of Pajajaran -- also became their sacred heirloom. You may look at their palace Museum, in Kasepuhan palace, Cirebon.

Ganjawulung
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote