Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th August 2022, 07:09 AM   #1
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Default More commonly used references on Indian Arms and Armour

Lord Egerton of Tatton. Indian and Oriental Arms and Armour. Dover Publications Inc: Mineola, N.Y. (2002) 178 pp.

This is the Dover Publications’ reproduction of the original 1868 work of Wilbraham Egerton, an English collector, who traveled widely in India in the mid-19th C. He left the bulk of his arms and armour collection to the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. Much of the V&A collection that Rawson later studied came from the Egerton Bequest.

The book has stiff covers and coloured pictures (as shown) on the inside covers. Unlike the original, this edition does not have fold-out illustrations, but spreads them over two adjacent pages. The photo-reproductions of the text and lithographs are sharp and dark. The book is in good condition and I have owned it since new.

USD 30.00 plus shipping from Australia; PayPal preferred.

Please contact me at igreaves (at) temple (dot) edu for questions or additional information.

------------------------------------------------------

E. Jaiwant Paul. By My Sword and Shield: Traditional weapons of the Indian warrior. Roli Books, New Delhi, 120 pp (1995).

Another classical text on Indian arms and armour. The book is hard bound with red covers decorated with elephants, tigers, monkeys, and warriors on horseback and on foot. Good condition throughout.

USD 40.00 plus shipping from Australia. PayPal preferred please.

Please contact me at igreaves (at) temple (dot) edu for questions or additional information.

Attached Images

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:50 PM   #2
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Bump
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote