Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury

Old 1st April 2019, 07:49 PM   #1
Brian Moffatt

Default "The Lost Battle Sword of King Charles the First."

Primarily,
I'm posting to draw the attention of members to my blog, http://fallingangelslosthighways.blogspot.com/
The blog is non commercial, loses me money, and costs a great deal of time!
I started it in order to update the information available on mostly the Border Reivers, via the Osprey book of the same title, to which we contributed the majority of the photography... but it has expanded in nature.... and now contains much more.
One of the latest postings, is on the Lost Battle sword of King Charles the First, and that combined with the previous posting, on a sword made in Oxford circa 1642, adds greatly to the body of information on the state of mind of the King himself. The initials F.J.A.G. which you will find on the blog, relate to the Friends of the Johnnie Armstrong Gallery, a small, rather private and diminishing group of enthusiasts who in the interests of education, allow photography of items in their collections to be published on the blog.
Much of the content of the blog came from my late wife Maureen, who died in August last year...
Hope you enjoy the information and photography.
All the Best,
Brian Moffatt.
Brian Moffatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 06:38 AM   #2
Hotspur

Terrific articles and photos Brian. I hope to see these as stable in years to come. So many pages are lost and hopefully you have backed up everything, just in case.

Really outstanding stuff I intend to pass on to others. Well done.
Huzzah!!

Cheers
GC
Hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2019, 04:54 AM   #3
M ELEY

Thank you so much, kind sir, for posting this link! Absolutely amazing articles and a plethora of info to absorb here! Sorry it takes up much of your time, but I must say that it is a benefit to historians and collectors alike!
Mark
M ELEY is offline   Reply With Quote