Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd October 2022, 01:37 PM   #1
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Default Rare folding knives for your enjoyment

So often we see here, and out there, countless variations of the Spanish so called NAVAJA.
This we may have a look to the Portuguese NAVALHAS, with some age, produced in charismatic cuttlery centers.
The first one marked with the maker stamp "Fabrica União" from Guimarães. The second one marked with initials identified as one the cuttlers of Benedita, a industrial county of Alcobaça city.
The third one also produced in Guimarães in the Nogueira cuttlery, belonging to the father of the owner of the examples above, as ilustrated in the catalogue of an exhibition in the city Industrial Association premises, measures the impressive length of 113cms. I hope the lock systems are fully visible; all images were taken by cell phone and sent by WhatsApp. Needless to say that the owner knows what he has and, despite my repeated begging to buy one of those from him, and i have not succeed.

Attached Images

Last edited by fernando; 23rd October 2022 at 01:56 PM.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote