Default 4th centry B.C., Chinese bronze weapon

4th centry B.C., Chinese bronze weapon
Attached Images

fengmodao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 05:00 PM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

THE BRONZE WEAPONS FROM CHINA HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VERY INTERESTING AND SOME ARE QUITE BEAUTIFUL, THEY WERE COLLECTED IN CHINA FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE THE REVOLUTION AND THE OVERTHROW OF THE NATIONALISTS. THAT LED TO THE MANUFACTURE OF MANY VERY GOOD FAKES FOR A VERY LONG PERIOD OF TIME, SO PERHAPS YOU COULD GIVE SOME TIPS AS TO HOW TO TELL A FAKE FROM THE REAL THING. I AM SURE IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF STUDY BY EXPERTS TO GAIN THE KNOWLEGE AS THE REPLICAS CAN BE VERY WELL MADE ESPECIALLY THE OLDER ONES WHICH WERE MADE TO FOOL VERY KNOWLEGABLE CHINESE COLLECTORS.

I HAVE BOUGHT SOME OF THESE ON EBAY AND BOUGHT THEM FOR THE WORKMANSHIP AND ALWAYS ASSUME THEY ARE LATER REPLICAS NOT THE REAL THING. I ALSO COLLECT STONE ARROW AND SPEAR POINTS AND ALWAYS ASSUME THEM ALL TO BE REPLICAS UNLESS I FIND THEM MYSELF OR THEY ARE FOUND BY A CLOSE FRIEND.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote