Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Keris Swap Forum

Old 14th July 2020, 07:57 PM   #1
Bjorn

Default Keris from 2012 catalogue

On offer is a keris from Alan's fall/winter 2012 catalogue. The original description and photos are added down in this post. Note that the slorok plate was silver coloured in 2012, but has since turned black (owing to oxidation I assume) - an improvement in my opinion. The final photo is mine and shows the current look.

The asking price for this keris is exactly what I paid for it (including shipping and insurance): €404. This price is on the understanding that it will be added to a private collection, and not offered for immediate resale at a markup price.

Payment is possible via Paypal (loading/exchange fees to be borne by the buyer) or bank transfer.

The keris will be sent from the Netherlands. Shipping and insurance costs are available on request. If you would like to check these yourself then kindly go to the [URL=https://www.postnl.nl/en/mail-and-parcels/parcels/international-parcel/]PostNL website[/URL].

Reason for selling is that I'm doing some home renovations.

-----------
[B]Original descrition from the catalogue[/B]
A Javanese keris with an 11 blade and bearing pamor wos wutah in high contrast material. This is a keris naga, the naga of the seldom seen anthropomorphic style, with a humanistic head at the gandhik, the body running the length of the blade. There is carving of leaves and vines in the sorsoran and on all three faces of the gonjo. The magnificent Surakart ladrangan wrongko is from superbly grained golden gembol jati (burl teak), and it is fitted with a gold plated krawangan pendok bearing the pari sawuli motif and backed by a silver plated slorok. The Central Javanese planar jejeran is from tightly patterned kayu gembol jati, with a naga carved at the batuk, and is fitted with a silver-gilt kendit mendak set with rose-cut rock crystal (yakut).
This is a flamboyant example of the Surakarta formal keris.
Attached Images

Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2020, 11:58 AM   #2
Bjorn

On hold.
Old 17th July 2020, 10:11 PM   #3
Bjorn

Sold.