Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th January 2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Bill M

Default eBay spoof warning!

I have gotten three of these messages in the last week, complete with eBay logo. They have a link (taken out by me in this copy) that you should not click on.

I have never had a transaction with this seller and do not believe he is involved in this.

I have forwarded these emails to spoof@ebay.com and received confirmation they were not sent from eBay. Strongly advise that you do the same.

If something comes from eBay or PayPal, it will be in your "Messages" folder when you are in your version of "My eBay."

Be careful there are some bad guys that want your password. IF you suspect something is fraudulent, send it to spoolf@ebay.com

Pass this on, please!

Question about Item #280193483120 -- response required

Dear member,

eBay member walnutts has left you a message regarding item #280193483120

View the dispute thread to respond.

Regards,

eBay

Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Lew
(deceased)

Bill

If ebay were to contact you they would start with your name and not dear member.

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 06:40 PM   #3
VANDOO
(deceased)

I HAVE RECEIVED MANY OF THESE BOTH SAYING THEY ARE FROM EBAY ,PAYPAL AND EVEN MY BANK. THIS IS BECOMING MORE PREVELENT IN THE LAST FEW YEARS. I JUST FORWARD THEM TO SPOOF@EBAY OR SPOOF @PAYPAL AND SO FAR THEY HAVE ALL BEEN PLISHING OR SPOOFS. NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED TO ME PERSONALLY YET BUT IT WOULD SEEM THE CROOKS OF ALL TYPES ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE ACTIVE ON THE NET AS TIME PASSES. I NOW REGULARY GET EMAILS OFFERING ME A SHARE OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IF I JUST HELP THE POOR FORIGNER TO GET THIS MONEY OUT OF HIS COUNTRY. THIS STUFF MOSTLY ORIGINATES IN NIGERIA WHOSE MAIN NATIONAL PRODUCT IS UNFORTUNATELY SCAMMERS AND RIP OFFS. UNFORTUNATELY I AM SURE CROOKS IN OTHER COUNTRYS ARE ALSO GIVING IT A TRY AND CONSTANTLY TRYING TO FIND NEW WAYS TO STEAL IDENITYS, RIP PEOPLE OFF, TRICK THE YOUNG AND OLD FOR MONEY OR TO DO THEM PHYSICAL HARM. EVIDENTLY THERE IS A VERY ORGANIZED GROUP OF IDENITY AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION STEALERS OPERATING OUT OF CHINA AT PRESENT, AS SOME WERE CAUGHT IN MY HOME TOWN JUST THIS WEEK.

THE NET GIVES US ACCESS TO THE WORLD TO COMMUNICATE, SHOP AND LEARN, ECT WHICH IS VERY GOOD. BUT IT ALSO GIVES THE CROOKS OF THE WORLD A NEW EASY WAY TO COMMIT ALL THE KINDS OF CRIMES AGAINST US.

CROOKS WILL NOT CARE IF THEY DESTROY THE INTERNET OR MAKE IT TOO DANGEROUS TO GO TO, ANY MORE THAN THEY WILL CARE ABOUT DESTROYING A NEGHBORHOOD, CITY OR COUNTRY. IF THEY DESTROY SOMETHING , WHEN ITS GONE THEY JUST BRAG TO EACH OTHER (I GOT MINE) AND START LOOKING FOR SOME OTHER WAY TO COMMIT THEIR CRIMES.

Last edited by VANDOO; 20th January 2008 at 07:56 PM.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 07:00 PM   #4
Robert
EAAF Staff

Very well said Vandoo!! I too have been getting more and more of these fake e-mails. I turn them over to ebay or paypal and they send back an e-mail saying that they are fake and have reported them but I never hear anything more about what happens after that. I just received another one yesterday about my paypal account.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote