Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th March 2016, 04:08 PM   #1
Jazz

Default Timonium Militaria Show

After attending my first ever show last year, i feel obligated to go again this year! I've never seen so many ethno stuff in one place!
Finally glad to meet Artzi, with his top of the line items. Didn't get the gentleman's name next to him that pretty much cornered the Moro and Indo items in that show. It was my pleasure to meet Rick (rsword) and Charles (CharlesS). They have quite a few great selection on their table.
So, anyone here going next week? Amd by the way, is there going to be an auction again? Can't wait to see you guys again!
Also, please post your table number here if you have one. It would be very helpful to everyone planning on attending the show!
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 05:24 PM   #2
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
After attending my first ever show last year, i feel obligated to go again this year! I've never seen so many ethno stuff in one place!
Finally glad to meet Artzi, with his top of the line items. Didn't get the gentleman's name next to him that pretty much cornered the Moro and Indo items in that show. It was my pleasure to meet Rick (rsword) and Charles (CharlesS). They have quite a few great selection on their table.
So, anyone here going next week? Amd by the way, is there going to be an auction again? Can't wait to see you guys again!
Also, please post your table number here if you have one. It would be very helpful to everyone planning on attending the show!
19th March to the 20th March 2016 at the Maryland State Fair Grounds in Timonium, this has not been brought up until just now, surprising.
estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 05:42 PM   #3
RSWORD

Charles and I will be at table L29. Please do stop by and say hello. Also, the gentleman you are referring to with the pile of Moro and Indonesian weapons is our very own Spunjer(Ron). Battara(Jose) is also planning to attend.

There will not be an auction this year. But hopefully a lot of forum members will be able to attend and please don't hesitate to stop by and say hello.
RSWORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 02:02 PM   #4
Jazz

Well, so much for discussing the biggest show this side of Mississippi.
Old 11th March 2016, 12:26 AM   #5
Battara
EAAF Staff

From Rand:

I will be at the Timonium show and planning on bringing a few islamic armors, books, shield and miscellaneous. Am looking forward to seeing everyone there. Don't have a table but will see if any are available Friday.

rand
Battara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 12:26 AM   #6
Battara
EAAF Staff

Yes I will be there as well.........
Battara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 02:00 AM   #7
Green

All the best guys. I wish I could be there! And hopefully one or two or more items will find their way to a new home in my collection .

green/ nik ab razak
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 02:34 AM   #8
ArmsAndAntiques

Arms and Antiques will be there with many Indian, Islamic, European and Asian items.

Table I-29 and I-30
ArmsAndAntiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 03:19 AM   #9
drac2k

I'll be there as well at FS-21 .
drac2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 07:53 AM   #10
Oliver Pinchot

We have received some inquiries from forum members regarding our auction in Timonium: If you are on our mailing list, you should have received a notice back in October announcing that in its place, we are now producing TWO online auctions per year, one in May and the other November.

For further inquiries, please email us at info@auctionsimperial.com
Oliver Pinchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 01:40 PM   #11
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Guys:

These posts more properly belong in the Swap Forum, so the thread is being moved over there.

I hope everyone has a good time in Timonium.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 04:02 PM   #12
Jazz

Is there some sort of power struggle between the moderators in this forum? One would think this would make for a good discussion, whether it's ethnographic or Western. Rather it's getting stuffed here at the swap forum where no one can discuss it. How about posting this on the sticky?
Old 11th March 2016, 04:48 PM   #13
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Is there some sort of power struggle between the moderators in this forum? One would think this would make for a good discussion, whether it's ethnographic or Western. Rather it's getting stuffed here at the swap forum where no one can discuss it. How about posting this on the sticky?
No Jazz, there is no power struggle, simply a misunderstanding and some broken communications. It would indeed be possible for members to discuss the show as a generality, however, once specific dealers begin announcing what items they are bringing and where their booths are located as well as posting information about side auctions it becomes a commercial announcement and has no place on our regular forums. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that members are capable of having such a discussion without delving into these aspects of the show.
David is offline   Reply With Quote