Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2012, 07:13 AM   #1
dralin23

Default exhibition catalogues

hi folks,
i noticed that in the past time some important threads from members was removed from the ethnographic arms side to the swap forum.
these threads was writen from these members for the information from the other collectors and friends from ethnographic weapons and maybe also for the discus baout these exhibitions and these catalogues.
there was for some days the post about the exhibition
SAMURAI "CATALOGUE TO THE 2012 EXHIBITION at Rotterdam, Wereldmuseum
and also an post from "Kurt" about an exhibition and the published catalogue over ottoman arms and weapons in "Schloss Wilhelmstein".( Löwe und Halbmond)
both threads was removed from the open discus side because the forumrules, than there was an link about the prices from these catalogues in these post.
both memebers wouldn´t sell or swap these catalogues, i think both would only give us an chance to order these catalogues by amazon or by the publisher and this help is very important and so i think we should change these forumrules for such posts, than it is not correct that such posts are not open for the public discus!!
what is our opinion??

excuse i know there are some grammar mistakes in my post but i hope everybody understand what i will say!!
stefan
Old 13th November 2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Tatyana Dianova

I am the same opinion as Stefan!
Old 13th November 2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Kurt

Default exhibition catalogues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyana Dianova
I am the same opinion as Stefan!

I also the same opinion !

Kurt
Old 13th November 2012, 01:02 PM   #4
ariel

I just ordered one.
Thanks to Kurt!!
I, too, view this policy as misguided.
This is a legitimate effort to inform the members about a new and publicly available book. No haggling or negative connotations are involved.
I think that in the future such infobits need to be applauded rather than removed to the wilderness of "items for sale".
Old 13th November 2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Andrew

Thanks for everyone's opinion. However, the rule is what it is for a reason, and will not be changed (especially not through the posting of threads like this).

If you wish to discuss an exhibition or catalogue, feel free to start a thread about it without commercial purchasing or sale information. Pretty simple, really.

Quote:
Rules Applying to the Discussion Fora (Ethnographic Weapons, Keris Warung Kopi & European Armoury) Specifically

1. Discussion of items currently in the process of being offered for sale, especially active auctions, is strictly prohibited. This prohibition also includes posting of links or other identifying clues (such as auction numbers) and calling attention that a previously discussed item is now for sale.

2. Public valuation appraisals are not permitted on these fora. However, if you would like an appraisal of an item's value or market conditions, you may request that other members contact you with that information via email or PM.

3. Commercial use of the discussion fora in any manner is strictly prohibited. While there may be no enforceable external legal constraint against your posting an object for discussion in a forum such as ours and later deciding to sell the item and posting a link to the discussion in the forums, please be advised that linking to, quoting or otherwise referring to discussion forum content with commercial intent constitutes grounds for cancellation of the offender's forum registration, unless permission has been received from the authors of the relevant posts in advance for such commercial use of their remarks.
Closed Thread