Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury

Old 24th January 2012, 04:17 AM   #1
cannonmn

Default Stolen flintlock long gun patchbox mkd Clement Fairchild, 4th Conn. Rgmt 1780

Board Members: Please spread this to any other small arms or military history-related forums or listserves you can think of. Thanks!

(rec'd via Maryland Arms Collectors Ass'n, today)
----------------------------------------------------

Sirs,

The description below describes a musket that was stolen from our house in Northampton, MA in early January. We are not gun collectors. It is a family heirloom that has been in our family for a long time. We are devastated about this loss.

If you see or hear about this musket, I would very much appreciate it if you could notify me by email or by phone at (413) 585-9611. Please also pass this along to anyone who might come across it.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Sincerely,

Barbara Williams

Flint lock musket

Taken from a Northampton, Mass house in early January, a brass mounted and engraved flint lock Revolutionary rifle, 56” long, brass patch box engraved “Clement Fairchild, 4th Connecticut Rgmt, 1780”. In excellent condition. $1000 reward for return of rifle. No questions asked. Telephone 413-585-9611.

cannonmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 07:52 PM   #2
cannonmn

I've recommended that she ensure her local law enforcement people submit the case to the FBI's National Stolen Art File:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig...tolen-art-file
Old 25th January 2012, 06:25 AM   #3
kahnjar1

Perhaps this should also be posted on the Ethnographic Forum section as well, as there are many US collectors there who may not check the European section. Good luck in recovery.
Regards Stuart
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
cannonmn

Quote:
Perhaps this should also be posted on the Ethnographic Forum section as well
done
Old 25th January 2012, 12:54 PM   #5
M ELEY

Absolutely beautiful "Kentucky" rifle (a misnomer being that most were made in PA). I do hope they catch the scumbag that took it-
This was a family heirloom with personal attachment, more than just if someone had stolen your lawn furniture or something. Please keep us updated if possible.
M ELEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Unhappy

Usually items like this either show up on the market fairly quickly, or they go into a collection and are not seen for years and years .

It may take a very long time but I would guess the gun will resurface in the market sooner or later .

The more Collectors and Dealers who are aware of the theft of this piece the better .

I have notified my local gun dealer here in Eastern MA.

Last edited by Rick; 25th January 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote