Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th March 2006, 04:39 PM   #1
mmontoro

Lightbulb African Shields at Timonium

For those of us interested in shields, the presentaion at Timonium on African Shields will be a treat. If you have never had the pleasure of dealing with Wolf-Dieter Miersch, he is both a gentleman and posseses a collection of shields and a wealth of knowledge that many museums would envy. Whoever scored Wolf to come and speak on shields did well. I really wanted badly to attend this year's event, but will not be able to make it - maybe next year. The rest of the program looks equally strong. What a unique opportunity this forum presents in offering the event at Timonium. My compliments and gratitude to Mr. Yarom and Mr. Jones and everyone else whose efforts make this happen. Please give Wolf and the other speakers a warm welcome.

Sincerely,
Manny
mmontoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 11:26 PM   #2
Luc LEFEBVRE

Can somebody make a kind of report on this conference ?
Luc
Luc LEFEBVRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Lew
(deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc LEFEBVRE
Can somebody make a kind of report on this conference ?
Luc
Luc

The seminar was great Wolf-Dieter Miersch covered a great deal of ground on African shields. Next year African weapons hopefully. Every area was covered from Zulu and Congo shields, West african, Somali, Ethiopian you name it and Wolf had tons of photos.

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Lee
EAAF Staff

Smile Shields

Securing Herr Miersch to speak was Artzi's coup. The quality of his presentation set new standards for me. We actually did discuss the possibility of using the extraordinary photos from the presentation to create a web exhibition of the collection and he appeared to be receptive to this concept. As the hour was late, we left it that I would follow up by e-mail and I will do so.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 10:49 PM   #5
Luc LEFEBVRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Securing Herr Miersch to speak was Artzi's coup. The quality of his presentation set new standards for me. We actually did discuss the possibility of using the extraordinary photos from the presentation to create a web exhibition of the collection and he appeared to be receptive to this concept. As the hour was late, we left it that I would follow up by e-mail and I will do so.
Very Good Idea !
Luc
Luc LEFEBVRE is offline   Reply With Quote