Old 7th July 2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Angry LONDON CALLING

BUSINESS AS USUAL
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 02:03 PM   #2
Tim

Tim,

Our thoughts are with you and your countrymen.

Sincerely,
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 03:12 PM   #3
Marc

Been there.

Thanks for making us know from you. I, for one, appreciate it.

Our thoughts are indeed with all of you.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Aurangzeb

Hello all.

My depest sympaties to the British people. I was shocked to hear this on the BBC:America today. Hopefully all the fourm members in that area are alright.

Sincerely,
Mark G. Cooper-II
Aurangzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 04:48 PM   #5
B.I

london is chaos today! the bad thing is there is no mobile (cell) phone reception, so its hard to call friends and family to make sure everyones ok.
all i can say, with respect to those that died, is that we were very lucky. anyone who knows london during rushour will know the crazy amount of people in a very small area. up to now, there is 33 dead with a few of the bomb casualty numbers unkown as yet.
B.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 04:53 PM   #6
Jens Nordlunde

We feel with you.

Jens
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:10 PM   #7
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Thumbs down A sad day

To Tim and all our Fellow Forumites in Britain:

Our sympathy and condolences for all those killed and injured. The killing of innocent civilians in the name of whatever cause cannot be condoned, whether it is done by "terrorists" or others. This is not a form of behavior consistent with any religious principles that I have encountered in my global travels. Those who perform these acts in the name of a greater authority have lost their way. Violence cannot solve the problems they see in the world.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:23 PM   #8
Rivkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
To Tim and all our Fellow Forumites in Britain:

Our sympathy and condolences for all those killed and injured. The killing of innocent civilians in the name of whatever cause cannot be condoned, whether it is done by "terrorists" or others. This is not a form of behavior consistent with any religious principles that I have encountered in my global travels. Those who perform these acts in the name of a greater authority have lost their way. Violence cannot solve the problems they see in the world.

Ian.
Dear Ian,

I believe discussions concerning religions are completely improper on this forum, as far as they do not concern weapons directly.

In my experience, for example, nearly _every_ religion has some 1st-10th century saint, teacher or prophet preaching death to unbelievers.
Rivkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:45 PM   #9
M.carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkin
Dear Ian,

I believe discussions concerning religions are completely improper on this forum, as far as they do not concern weapons directly.

In my experience, for example, nearly _every_ religion has some 1st-10th century saint, teacher or prophet preaching death to unbelievers.
Well one religion will certainly be blamed for this mess, I tell you that.

My deepest sympathies go to all British people.
M.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:57 PM   #10
Berkley

Angry OK, on topic then:

Mars=Roman god of war
breed of men=ethnography

Quote:
"This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,—
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
"
—William Shakespeare
Richard II (Act 2, Scene 1)
Berkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:58 PM   #11
TVV

I happened to be in London just a week or so ago, and when I was leaving it, the last thing I thought was that it would become a scene of horror and chaos. My symapthies to all the victims and their relatives.
TVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 07:17 PM   #12
Tim Simmons

Thumbs up Thanks all

I would like thank everyone, we are British, and as I said business as usual so we move on. Tim
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 12:15 AM   #13
Aurangzeb

Hi All!

These terrorists are a discrase to the Islamic faith and they are cowards to hid behind religon. Has anyone heard if they found out if they were package bombs or scuicide bombers yet?
Old 8th July 2005, 02:49 AM   #14
Andrew

Unhappy

My thoughts and best wishes go out to our British members, and the families, friends and victims of today's horrible attack in London.

Let's please keep this thread clear of religious or political discussions. Thanks.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 03:22 AM   #15
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

I would like to join in offering my sincerest condolences to our British friends in this all too familiar act of cowardice. Although this event is of course not associated with our usual topics of discussion, we are compelled to express our reaction to this tragedy.
I agree we should avoid discussion or reference to religious perspective, while noting that terrorism and fanaticism truly have nothing to do with religion.

With deepest sympathy,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 03:41 AM   #16
fearn

My sympathies are certainly with the people of London too.

I also have to express my respect for the ways the English are dealing with this tragedy. I've been through enough disasters to know that they often bring out the best in people, and that's certainly happened in London.

With sympathy and respect,

F
fearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 12:33 PM   #17
Ferguson

I am saddened and outraged by the cowardly acts of terrorism.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of London.

Steve Ferguson
Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 05:49 PM   #18
derek

My condolences as well. I love London and have good friends there that I am still waiting to hear from. The two American girls that were injured were sisters traveling there on holiday - they are from my church here in far away TN. They are both going to be okay. A small world, it touches us all.

Good attitude, Tim. Carry on without fear, just vigilance.

-d

Last edited by derek; 8th July 2005 at 07:06 PM.
derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 06:09 PM   #19
Rivkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek
My condolences as well. I love London and have good friends there that I am still waiting to hear from. The two American girls that were injured were sister traveling there on holiday - there are from my church here in far away TN.
I'm truly sorry to hear about that. I wish speedy recovery to them and all people affected. To the English people as a whole I would wish what they wish for themselves.
Rivkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 08:05 PM   #20
ariel

Speedy and complete recovery to the kids .
The world is indeed very small, both space and time-wise....
Year and a half ago, I had breakfast in a Jerusalem cafe that was rebuilt after a suicide bombing about a year earlier (I think, some 20 were killed), and the following week I had a quick lunch in a cafe in Tel Aviv, that was suicide-bombed 3 weeks later, also with a lot of casualties....
There used to be "good neighborhoods" and "bad neighborhoods" in the world; now the rabid dogs prowl every street. We are all in the same boat these days....
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 10:42 PM   #21
45Auto

Thumbs up

I posted the Union Flag here in Michigan yesterday. I have not yet had the pleasure of visiting London, but I might as well be there for the forseeable future.

Best regards to the People of London,

Greg
45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2005, 05:20 AM   #22
Aurangzeb

Sorry about my comment its just some of my freind are muslims and I get angery when terrorists do stuff like this. Once again the British people are in my prayers. Once again I am sorry about the comment.
Old 9th July 2005, 08:04 AM   #23
John

I like to add my heartfelt condolences to the people of London and Britain.

The London tube and double decker bus were both my first tube and double decker bus experiences over 3 decades ago. So many times I've been to King's cross and how utterly sad to learn of these attacks only after less than 24 hours of London's triumph to host the 2012 Olympics.

Deepest sympathy to those affected and those in other parts of the globe affected under similar circumstances.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 01:10 AM   #24
Raja Muda

Default Condolences

My belated condolences,

I have friends who regularly travel on the tube by the very same stations. Makes me wonder why we never give peace a chance.
Raja Muda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 07:36 PM   #25
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Hi Tim
Let me here present the deeppest condolences from my family and certainly from all my countrymen and women, to the families of those gone.
Keep up,we are with you.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 01:34 AM   #26
Greyman

Thumbs up 40 years of it...........they will not win this.....

I was in London during the Blitz. Since then the UK has suffered 30 years of Terror bombs by semi religious and political groups. The IRA supported by ex.pats in north Amreica. Arab bombers and now it seems Homegrown {Leeds} English of Pakistani families.

I have to say that this may well ignite all sorts of internal problems, these are no longer the Bader Meinhoff or Red Brigade, we are now dealing with perhaps generations of young men who hate us on two levels......Our society & Our political systems.
For the first time they have the technology to wage sophisticated Guerrela war on a world wide basis.
The Brits can take this, we are used to it. I am humbled by the forgiveness that is shown by victims as well as the defiance........we always visited London and other cities during the Irish problem. Flew to Russia in the midst of the Chechin bombs, cant let these mad people see that the TRUE Brits of whatever Colour,Race,religion or creed will be beaten into a single form of submission and God help the politician who moves in that direction.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 01:31 PM   #27
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman
The Brits can take this, we are used to it. I am humbled by the forgiveness that is shown by victims as well as the defiance...
Hi Grey:

The resilience and toughness of the British people is indeed legendary when it comes to hardships like this latest one. It is a sad reflection on human behavior that the greatest threats usually come from those within our own society than from outside. We will need to wait for the investigations to sort out who did what.

Forgiveness, rather than revenge, is the sign of a strong and mature culture which has come to terms with the futility of endless cycles of violence, retaliation, more violence, more retaliation, etc. that was the hallmark of the troubles in Ireland.

As an Australian I have always been proud of my (distant) British heritage, and especially under serious stress like this. It would be a great tonic for the British people if England could win back the Ashes from Australia this year, but I have to tell you -- it's not going to happen.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 07:25 PM   #28
Greyman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Hi Grey:

The resilience and toughness of the British people is indeed legendary when it comes to hardships like this latest one. It is a sad reflection on human behavior that the greatest threats usually come from those within our own society than from outside. We will need to wait for the investigations to sort out who did what.

Forgiveness, rather than revenge, is the sign of a strong and mature culture which has come to terms with the futility of endless cycles of violence, retaliation, more violence, more retaliation, etc. that was the hallmark of the troubles in Ireland.

As an Australian I have always been proud of my (distant) British heritage, and especially under serious stress like this. It would be a great tonic for the British people if England could win back the Ashes from Australia this year, but I have to tell you -- it's not going to happen.

Ian.

Just a final comment......."Ashes". Now when you teach your kids a game,it would not be the right thing to trash them at that game would it?, no of course not,let em win occasionally then beat the crap out of em just to sort out the arrogance>.........
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 07:59 PM   #29
B.I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman

Just a final comment......."Ashes". Now when you teach your kids a game,it would not be the right thing to trash them at that game would it?, no of course not,let em win occasionally then beat the crap out of em just to sort out the arrogance>.........

hey, we are the greatest inventors of sports in the world. just because we 'let' other win now and then (ok, more 'now' than 'then', it doesnt mean we cant if we wanted to. its just the english sense of fair play, taken to extremes. we are just politely letting others win our games for a few decades to lull them into a false sense of security and then......
B.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 10:15 PM   #30
Andrew

Sepang:

Please check your PM's before posting on this thread again.

Andrew
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote