Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd June 2021, 06:21 PM   #1
David
Keris forum moderator

Default RIP Hengki Joyo Purnomo

A well known and respected member of the keris community, Hengki Joyo Purnomo has passed away. I am afraid i do not know much regarding the details, but it seems his passing was unexpected. Amongst other things, he shared his wonderful collection of keris hilts in the book "The Power of Kris Hilt". I would like to extend my condolences to his friends and family.
Attached Images

Last edited by David; 22nd June 2021 at 06:45 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 06:35 AM   #2
jagabuwana

May his memory and work endure and continue to benefit.

The world of keris students seems small, so despite not knowing pak Hengki almarhum, I'm sad to hear that he has passed. I am a member of some Facebook groups and it seems that the Indonesian keris enthusiasts are in mourning. Clearly he's left a legacy.

If anyone would like to share some eulogical words about pak Hengki, I'm sure that it would be of benefit to me and others who may not be as familiar with him or his work.
jagabuwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2021, 09:09 AM   #3
Jean

I met Pak Hengki at a kris fair in Jakarta about 10 years ago and was amazed by the quality of his items for sale (beyond my reach). He seemed very influential among the Indonesian kris community indeed, I will try to buy his book (not easy to find in Europe). My sincere condolences to his family and friends and may he rests in peace.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote