Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 8th August 2015, 09:39 PM   #1
silberschatzimsee

Default hello

hi,

I didnt find a suitable topic for this but i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is andi from austria and i want to buy a nice weapon/armoury for my art-collection. But before i spend i a lot of money i want to learn and study more about my desired objects. Thatswhy i got myself registered here.

So in the hope by reading here on the forums i will find out which type i really want and suits my demands.

kind regards
andi
silberschatzimsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 03:12 AM   #2
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Welcome Andi.

You will find a lot of interesting data and ideas here.

Ian
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 06:59 AM   #3
kronckew

welcome aboard andi.

i have relatives in wiener neustadt. one of my grandmothers was austro-hungarian.

there is a lot of knowledge here about sharp pointy things and things that go boom, as well as other items of offence and defence.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 01:15 PM   #4
silberschatzimsee

hi you both,

yes i will also contribute some knowledge of mine. i hope it contains interresting information for some of you and is currently under preparation.( pictures have to be made yet)

kind regards
andi
Old 10th August 2015, 10:53 AM   #5
BANDOOK

WELCOME ANDI,YOU WILL MEET LOTS OF AMAZING PEOPLE WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE,ENJOY AND ALL THE BEST REGARDS RAJESH
BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 11:33 PM   #6
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

WELCOME! THE FORUM IS A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN, ASK QUESTIONS AND TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEGE AND SHOW OFF YOUR COLLECTION. THE KNOWLEGE IS SHARED AND COLLECTED AND WE ALL HAVE FUN DOING IT I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE FORUM.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 01:55 AM   #7
trenchwarfare

Welcome aboard Andi. You came to the right place.
trenchwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 07:48 AM   #8
Gavin Nugent

Default Wemcome Andi

Welcome Andi.

Have you though much about what direction you want your art collection to head?

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 07:17 PM   #9
Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by silberschatzimsee
hi,

I didnt find a suitable topic for this but i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is andi from austria and i want to buy a nice weapon/armoury for my art-collection. But before i spend i a lot of money i want to learn and study more about my desired objects. Thatswhy i got myself registered here.

So in the hope by reading here on the forums i will find out which type i really want and suits my demands.

kind regards
andi
Hi Andi,
Wellcome, you will no regret joining the information that is freely given by members and staff is amazing. I just wish that I had joined years ago.
Regards
Miguel
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 12:22 AM   #10
silberschatzimsee

i dont yet know in which direction it will go. There is a popular proverb: sky's the limit. In my case its the piggybank

There is a lot of things i would love to own. A samurai suit of armor, a tanto with a nice laquer scabbard, a shaffron, a rossschinder, a piha kaetta......next to authenticity, the decoration is also very important for me.

Like i mentioned i will deeply research the antique weapons, i consider them as decorative art and will post my purchase here . Or most perhaps i will ask the forum about price and quality before i make a final purchase.

kind regards
Andi
Old 12th August 2015, 04:54 AM   #11
Robert
EAAF Staff

Andi, asking for an evaluation of any item is strictly against forum rule.

Best,
Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 07:18 AM   #12
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by silberschatzimsee
i dont yet know in which direction it will go. There is a popular proverb: sky's the limit. In my case its the piggybank

There is a lot of things i would love to own. A samurai suit of armor, a tanto with a nice laquer scabbard, a shaffron, a rossschinder, a piha kaetta......next to authenticity, the decoration is also very important for me.

Like i mentioned i will deeply research the antique weapons, i consider them as decorative art and will post my purchase here . Or most perhaps i will ask the forum about price and quality before i make a final purchase.

kind regards
Andi
There you go Andi, you seem to have your heart list right there.

Personally I suggest, focus on one for now, perhaps the first one in the list...learn all you can, start a thread on the subject, read previous threads using the search engine, add the links to your thread and ask questions, so that you can make an informed choice when you go to buy one...cover all of this off first then crack open the piggy bank...save again whilst you learn about the next item on your list...once all your boxes are ticked I am sure you'll have gained a lot of experience and perhaps will re evaluate your collections and add to them.

Happy collecting.

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote