Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th July 2009, 03:59 PM   #1
David
Keris forum moderator

Default Prayers for Friends in Jakarta

Heard about the bombings this morning. I send my prayers and hope that all our friends and their families in Jakarta are safe and sound.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Heard about the bombings this morning. I send my prayers and hope that all our friends and their families in Jakarta are safe and sound.

Just read this too and hope to that all friends over there in good health.
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 05:22 PM   #3
ganjawulung

When I woke up this morning in my "home town" now in Jakarta, I heard this sudden blast in a local television -- very deep regret. It is for the second time, a deadly bomb blasted in JW Marriot Hotel in Mega Kuningan Jakarta (at least 9 dead, and more than 50 injured) after the previous blast in the same hotel on 2003 (12 dead, and more than 100 injured). The second bomb, this morning exploded in another five star hotel Ritz-Carlton -- not far from JW Marriot only about five minutes after the blast in Marriot. High explosive bombs, by two suicide bombers...

It happened only one day before the famous British team, Manchester United come and will spend three nights at Ritz-Carlton. Of course, MU cancelled the visit and also the exhibition match versus Indonesian national team on next Monday...

Only two days ago I went to that area, visiting the Chinese Embassy just several hundred meters distance from Marriot...

My deep condolence to all the victim's family

GANJAWULUNG

Last edited by ganjawulung; 17th July 2009 at 07:28 PM.
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Unhappy

My prayers are with the victims, so terrible .
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 07:45 PM   #5
ganjawulung

Ironically, this human-bomb still had enough time to take coffee in his room, before bringing his suitcase-bomb to JW Marriot hotel-restaurant -- at breakfast time, around 07.40 in the morning. (Pls watch this YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxbCFTbOikc ) And the police found the coffee in his 1808 room at JW Marriot -- not yet cold enough. The police found too, another low explosive bomb in his room, still active but not exploded yet...

This cruel human had reserved in this hotel under his name, Nurdin...

GANJAWULUNG
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 11:55 PM   #6
drdavid

Condolences to all affected by this tragedy, such tragic losses
drd
drdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 05:14 AM   #7
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjawulung
Ironically, this human-bomb still had enough time to take coffee in his room, before bringing his suitcase-bomb to JW Marriot hotel-restaurant -- at breakfast time, around 07.40 in the morning. (Pls watch this YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxbCFTbOikc ) And the police found the coffee in his 1808 room at JW Marriot -- not yet cold enough. The police found too, another low explosive bomb in his room, still active but not exploded yet...

This cruel human had reserved in this hotel under his name, Nurdin...

GANJAWULUNG
I used to pass in front of the hotel every morning, on my way to the office riding my motorcycle. but that morning I took another route.
ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote