Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi

Old 14th May 2019, 12:55 AM   #1
QuisUtDeus

Default Fingerprints in Pamor. Prints in Stars.

Hello, all!

I am new to the keris. This will be obvious. I will preface with my origin.

I was born under the star Algol. In Islam this is bad. In Christianity, this is bad. In Hebrew, this is bad. In old China, it is bad, too. In the Vedas, it's really, really bad. I can't find much more information but it's safe to say in Egypt it was bad. I imagine Algol was also bad in Celtic and Viking belief.

I only know this because of strange circumstances. I hesitate to call it more than that and don't want to share my experiences. It's enough for me to say that I did not look for it. "I did not knock," in Christian terms.

For me, it is not at all bad. I'm leading quite an interesting life. I have no wish to be anyone else nor have anything else. Whatever comes, let it come. I fear nothing. Death is just circumstance, to me -- violent or no. I do my very best. That is good enough. To me, there is only learning. There isn't more.

Pamors are very interesting. Now that I 'own' a keris I am sensing something new.

Long ago, I've asked for divination out of play and the only practice ever accurate was palm reading. Wow! So accurate -- but only for the past. Many palm readers could describe my past to strange details. Never my future, though.

Are these pamors, like palm and finger prints, maybe some sort of recording, you think? And as there are archetypes of people, continually existing, these pamors are are some sort of record of experience? A record of personality?

The old Philippine Vedantic culture was destroyed 400 years ago. Any knowledge will be happy for me, good or bad!

For any Mohammedan reading, I would like them to know that I fast. I have gone a month without any food at all -- only water -- and I will do so every year. It will not be on the Lunar calendar, though. It is wonderful not to eat at all. When is not important. Just that I do.

I end this with questions.

Thanks!
QuisUtDeus is offline   Reply With Quote