Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th August 2018, 07:27 PM   #12
mahratt

I would assume that what do I write am difficult to understand because of my bad English... But, I see that most of the participants understood me correctly.

No one in this thread claimed that matchlock corrado26 - Afghan matchlock. On the contrary all (including me) write that matchlock corrado26 - Indian.
Corrado in his first post suggested that his gun was from Afghanistan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado26
A friend of mine sent me these fotos asking me to help with an identification. I think it could be a piece from Afghanistan but am not sure. Thanks for help.
corrado26
Rick and I wrote that this matchlock could theoretically be used in Afghanistan (but not that it is made there) . Theoretically, because personally I, for example, have not seen exactly the same matchlocks like matchlock corrado26 in photographs and lithographs of the late 19th - early 20th century, which have Afghans with rifles. At the same time, the possibility that such a matchlock could be used in Afghanistan cannot be completely denied. Because matchlocks from Sindh and India were used in Afghanistan (this is an objective reality, proved in this topic). At the same time, no one disputes that they were made in Sindh and India. Hope I wrote understandable

By the way, it has already been written that rattan fibers were used far beyond the range of the plant from which these fibers are obtained.

Was the matchlock, we are discussing, manufactured in South India? Yes, most likely.

Let's read the posts, which that others write, more carefully.

Best Regards. Dima

P.S. Rick, I hope you liked the photo?
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote