Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2016, 01:53 PM   #1
drac2k

Default Are you kidding me, "no bull?"

After much deliberation, I feel compelled to write this thread ; I do so because of my great respect for this forum.
I wish to state that I am not trying to embarrass anyone(other than myself),especially the moderators, who do a thankless job very well, however in the case of Vandoo's post on bullfighting weapons,I feel they made a mistake by ending it.
I believe very strongly that the stoppage of Vandoo's very informative thread, based on complaints from several forum members about animal cruelty was extremely hypocritical on their part.We discuss weapons that fillet, flay, slice, dice, slash, cut, mince, smash, bash, crush, execute, impale, and shot humans ; can we not elaborate on the historical aspects of this practice with a bull?Will we be banned from postings of shields made from animal hides, daggers with handles of bone, ivory, or horn, sheaths made of leather or lizard skin and so on?This is a dangerous precedent that you embark on and as such, could destroy the forum.
Next,can we discounted a practice that dates back at least 4000 years by the Minoans and other ancient cultures and still exercised in Spanish, Portuguese, Central and South America countries and as I have recently learned, thanks to this post in some Middle Eastern places as well.We may not like the "sport," but do we have the audacity to tell millions of people that they are wrong and we are right ?
Finally,if there are those who find a certain thread objectionable, please do what I do ;don't open it and don't read it, but I would not want other's freedoms to read it curtailed, based upon my opinions!
In conclusion, I have only written the above based on the demands of my conscience and the respect for the members of this forum.
drac2k is offline   Reply With Quote