Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Maurice

Thumbs down Thank you moderators!

I just feel the urge to make a rectification of the closed thread I started about a house in Java cause some people are not taking me seriously.
Because of internetproblems, right in the middle of posting the thread and attache more images, I wasn't able to post all pictures of the inside of the house, which definately would be interesting for the people who like the forum and what it is all about: ETHNOGRAPHIC WEAPONS!
But that doesn't matter anymore, does it????

When I needed to go to work, as probably we all need to earn our living, I just arrived back home and wanted to place the other images, as my internet is working again.
And what do I see here???? It is closed: because after all the serious threads I have started and posted on other peoples threads within the several years I am a member, and the many pleasant connections I have built up here with other forumites all over the world, some of you think I am just joking around a little!
And this all because there is: "nothing related to ethnographic weapons in the original post."
Not thinking that, after all my serious postings and trying helping others where ever I can, probably something went wrong.......
Well forumites you have great knowledge of human nature!

Maurice

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13042
Old 14th December 2010, 03:11 AM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

MAURIECE I THINK THIS IS JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING. WHILE YOU WERE AWAY THE THREAD TOOK A POLITICAL TURN WHICH IN ITS SELF WOULD GET IT CLOSED (NOT YOUR FAULT).
AS THERE WAS NO INDICATION OF WHERE THE THREAD WAS GOING AND IT WAS WANDERING INTO FORBIDDEN TERITORY THE MODS CLOSED IT. UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES PROBABLY A GOOD CALL. JUST OPEN A NEW THREAD WITH THE PICTURES OF WEAPONS AND PERHAPS THE HISTORY OF THE COLECTION. I AM SURE YOU WERE NOT SINGLED OUT AND NO MALACE WAS INTENDED.
Old 14th December 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

Default Valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
MAURIECE I THINK THIS IS JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING. WHILE YOU WERE AWAY THE THREAD TOOK A POLITICAL TURN WHICH IN ITS SELF WOULD GET IT CLOSED (NOT YOUR FAULT).
AS THERE WAS NO INDICATION OF WHERE THE THREAD WAS GOING AND IT WAS WANDERING INTO FORBIDDEN TERITORY THE MODS CLOSED IT. UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES PROBABLY A GOOD CALL. JUST OPEN A NEW THREAD WITH THE PICTURES OF WEAPONS AND PERHAPS THE HISTORY OF THE COLECTION. I AM SURE YOU WERE NOT SINGLED OUT AND NO MALACE WAS INTENDED.
Valid notations Vandoo.

Whilst the thread might not have started with a bang due to IT issues, knowing Maurices's integrity within these pages I thought it was a lead in to something very interesting whether it was a single image or ten. A shame it went south from there.....

Whilst I love a joke as much as the next guy, I think it is about time political, racial, or chest beating over imaginary lines called borders are addressed within the public community and the posting, not the thread is deleted. There have been a number of very interesting people walk away from these pages because of this and no doubt there will be more if not curbed.

Gav
Old 14th December 2010, 04:21 AM   #4
Spunjer

Thumbs up

Quote:

Valid notations Vandoo.

Whilst the thread might not have started with a bang due to IT issues, knowing Maurices's integrity within these pages I thought it was a lead in to something very interesting whether it was a single image or ten. A shame it went south from there.....

Whilst I love a joke as much as the next guy, I think it is about time political, racial, or chest beating over imaginary lines called borders are addressed within the public community and the posting, not the thread is deleted. There have been a number of very interesting people walk away from these pages because of this and no doubt there will be more if not curbed.

Gav
Amen to that!
Old 14th December 2010, 04:32 AM   #5
David
Keris forum moderator

Gentleman, while i am not particularly in disagreement with anything be said here other than Maurice's misunderstanding of the reason the thread was closed i must point out that public discussion of policy decisions made by the moderation staff are completely inappropriate, so guess what. I'm locking this thread as well.
The moderation staff here is very accessible and open to entertaining all your commentary in PMs, not debating decisions in an open forum.
Old 14th December 2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Andrew

Lightbulb

Maurice, as it was my comment that seems to have inspired this thread, please accept my apologies--it was not my intent to disparage you. Rather, I was stating a fact.

However, this should not be cause for great concern: it was just a thread on an internet discussion board. It still exists in its entirety, but is closed to further comment.

Please feel free to start a new thread and throw a link to the original thread therein. I suspect it will stay on-topic this time.
Closed Thread